Some videos from today cutting firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice! Looks like you had some very nice time out in the forrest!

rep sent!

nice videos.
thanks for taking the time to shot them.
Looks like you had fun today. :clap:

Nice vids man, nothing better than felling some timber! What do you use to transport your logs or do you split them on site?
Dman

Nice vids man, nothing better than felling some timber! What do you use to transport your logs or do you split them on site?
Dman

I use an old dave brown tractor with a home made power trailer that my father in law made 25 years ago with a manual transmission and a 5 ton axle. Not very good looking but i can fit about a cord and a half on her.

View attachment 279400

That is a sweet rig man, gotta love that old school ingenuity. Good job on the birch!

NICE! Hey, does that trailer have drive fromm the tractor PTO? I saw the chains and thought WTF? Then brain started to engage.... BTW nice work on videos cool how you were centered up the whole way through esp. vid#1

I like the stick attached to the saw to give you a length measurement. Why can't the saw manufacturers make a fitting on the handle for a dowel. Nice job and thanks for sharing the videos.

It's not a stick .

attachment.php

NICE! Hey, does that trailer have drive fromm the tractor PTO? I saw the chains and thought WTF? Then brain started to engage.... BTW nice work on videos cool how you were centered up the whole way through esp. vid#1

Yes it does work off the pto on the tractor, just have to make sure the gear on the tractor matches the gear on the transmission off the trailor or else it can get dangerous if the trailor try to push the tractor or the tractor tries to drag the trailor LOL.

I like the stick attached to the saw to give you a length measurement. Why can't the saw manufacturers make a fitting on the handle for a dowel. Nice job and thanks for sharing the videos.

I know many who use zip tie's attached to the rear. Cheap ingenuity that can easily be adapted to any length one needs.

Yes it does work off the pto on the tractor, just have to make sure the gear on the tractor matches the gear on the transmission off the trailor or else it can get dangerous if the trailor try to push the tractor or the tractor tries to drag the trailor LOL.

I can see where that could get a bit dicey at times.

Back