Somethings gotta give

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it is

ok, when its on, does it rack like a loose bearing? Sounds like the clutch is working and if the springs and weights are all there, which they are, the lining might be worn down to the point where its "racking" . My thinking is with the one piece set up there is less allowance for play. The separate sprocket allows for the "gear" to slide out on the crank with out being "noisy" .....just a theory supported by two glasses of Merlot.

cfdb45fe-5c92-6326.jpg
with
cfdb45fe-5ce9-c55d.jpg
without

Looking at it now it's about 1/8 not 1/4 inch. Pretty sure that's fine. I just squeezed the throttle twice, each for half a second. That shouldn't do anything, but it did, something

I doubt its the clutch being bad. They are very tough on chainsaws. I would make sure the chain is free in the bar, check the drum for wear while it is off, put some greese on that bearing while its out, re-assemble and cut wood. See what happens then.

Probably just a little metal from the drum IMO. Now get some wedges and practice bucking! :cheers:

Well.....ran the saw in the snow. No oil. Went to adjust oiler, no adjuster screw.....so, do I just need a new adjuster screw ya think or is my oiler hoopled?

I wonder if that is one of the reasons for the metal under the cover. Maybe if was more from the bar than the drum. I believe you can order just the control screw. Hopefully that will fix it and you will be good to go.

just out of curiosity in the picture of the clutch assembly. the bottom clutch shoe looks like it has a crack go up the middle or is that a illusion.

You can take off that plastic cover on the side of the saw to get a good look at the oiler pump. Then you will be able to see if the control screw is there for sure or not, could just be something blocking the hole in the bottom of the saw?

You can take off that plastic cover on the side of the saw to get a good look at the oiler pump. Then you will be able to see if the control screw is there for sure or not, could just be something blocking the hole in the bottom of the saw?

I'll give that a shot tomorrow, the screw is gone cause I can see the threads but wouldn't mind checkin out the oiler for any obvious damage. I'll post a pic too cause it may look good to me but that doesn't mean much. Those screws holding the cover on supposed to be at 1000ft/lbs? Lol

I'll give that a shot tomorrow, the screw is gone cause I can see the threads but wouldn't mind checkin out the oiler for any obvious damage. I'll post a pic too cause it may look good to me but that doesn't mean much. Those screws holding the cover on supposed to be at 1000ft/lbs? Lol

My IPL shows that the screw needs 2 o-rings as well. Make sure you have them or get them otherwise it might not seat in there. Wonder how/why it's missing?

Back