Sopranos-spurless climber gets it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clearance

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Was watching a repeat of the Sopranos I had not seen.

A guy was in a tree, with a chainsaw, spurless and without a lanyard. Another guy on the ground was holding his rope as he stood in the tree. Whatshisname came over to talk to them, they mouthed off and the guy holding the rope got a shovel across the head, causing him to let go of the rope. Buddy in the tree plummeted to the ground, where he was injured.

Do you spurless guys let someone else hold your rope?, or was this just t.v. I have no idea, I use spurs and a steelcore at all times. Maybe this episode was posted here, if so, sorry. It was pretty funny.

i saw the first half of that episode today on a&e lol.

"hey whataya think yer doin?"

"I'm trimmin a lawn!"

LMAO

i have never done that and never will. i rely on my ropes to keep me a non-veggy. mainly use a DdRT. am using an eye to eye beeline prusik, micro pulley and two petzl AMd biners. but will probably be switching up my setup, with the key fundamentals just being moved around and lengthened.

me and the ol lady went to watch that new movie The Happening, by m. night shamalananynanal.

was a really freaky part involving a tree and lawn crew.........
the movie actually had a really cool plot for plant people.

I've heard stories of guys being tied to stuff on the ground and a ground guy cutting the rope with a chainsaw. But No. We don't let someone elso hold our ropes. Except to carry it to the ladder and place the spreader snap on the fourth rung so I don't have to bend over for it. Old School I know. thillmaine rocks.

I will have the groundman tail my rope through the hitch, sometimes a belay if I am climbing back up a messy tree, but I never rely on a belay as a safety.

I am just not trusting enough to let someone belay me into the tree especially remain on belay when working. I do have people tend the rope while I climb up and let my micro pulley advance my knot.

I will have the groundman tail my rope through the hitch, sometimes a belay if I am climbing back up a messy tree, but I never rely on a belay as a safety.

I am just not trusting enough to let someone belay me into the tree especially remain on belay when working. I do have people tend the rope while I climb up and let my micro pulley advance my knot.

same here. i will have them pull me to a branch sometimes too lol. but as far as trusting someone to belay for me.... nah not this monkey

Was watching a repeat of the Sopranos I had not seen.

A guy was in a tree, with a chainsaw, spurless and without a lanyard. Another guy on the ground was holding his rope as he stood in the tree. Whatshisname came over to talk to them, they mouthed off and the guy holding the rope got a shovel across the head, causing him to let go of the rope. Buddy in the tree plummeted to the ground, where he was injured.

Do you spurless guys let someone else hold your rope?, or was this just t.v. I have no idea, I use spurs and a steelcore at all times. Maybe this episode was posted here, if so, sorry. It was pretty funny.

Yes I remeber that episode, thats one of the funniest scenes I can remember, they stole that neighborhood from a friend of Pauly's so he went and "talked" to them and then whacked the one dude with a shovel and the other hit the ground, then he took their push mower and put it in the trunk of his Cadilliac, that show was a hoot. I spent the doe and bought each season when it came out, I still watch them.

mon those TV on DVDs are the best thing since sliced bread! you get to watch a whole season at once, with no commercials lmao.

mon those TV on DVDs are the best thing since sliced bread! you get to watch a whole season at once, with no commercials lmao.

Yeah they are! Tha downside is once I get into it, I'm there and comitted, I forget to sleep, eat, shower, go to work and go to the bathroom. Me and a buddy watched the whole Soprano season in one sitting. Thats a 12 hr. movie!!

Guy was spurless, but he also was not tied in at all, and since he was using a chainsaw he should have been tied in twice. Good show, but the scene was set up for the drama on TV, wonder how many people would actually walk up on someone wielding a running chainsaw and start an arguement? ;)

An arborist I know from south africa told be that they used to have a guy (guessing cheap native labour) specially trained to belay the climber from the ground. Strange, I guess when labour is real cheap that kind of thing makes sense.

TV will often change things to make it work dramatically. Look how often motorbikes have different engine sounds edited into the sound. Terminator 2 was the classic. 4 stroke xr100 screaming like a 2 stroke with 40 up changes.

Guy was spurless, but he also was not tied in at all, and since he was using a chainsaw he should have been tied in twice. Good show, but the scene was set up for the drama on TV, wonder how many people would actually walk up on someone wielding a running chainsaw and start an arguement? ;)

We are talking about sociopaths here. Great show though.

I like the scene in "Stealing Harvard" where Tom Green plays a landscraper who has some 12 year old kid tied around the waist,looped up over a limb and tied to the bumper of the van. The kid proceeds to drop a big limb right on a BMW parked under the tree.

We are talking about sociopaths here. Great show though.

I like the scene in "Stealing Harvard" where Tom Green plays a landscraper who has some 12 year old kid tied around the waist,looped up over a limb and tied to the bumper of the van. The kid proceeds to drop a big limb right on a BMW parked under the tree.

lol

Latest posts

Back