Sort of picked this up today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

struggle

Got stumps?
Reaction score
Saw this saw listed with two homie super 2s. Guy wanted $40 per saw so it was a no brainer. I have a friend that lived 15 minutes of where the saws were located so after the seller agreed to hold them my friend picked them up tonight.

Has a 25" bar on it. It will be at least a month before I get them home as they are two hours from me, but are now in possession.

The seller held to his word which was great. He even pulled the add. I offered to send the guy money via paypal and he said no worries he would consider them sold to me. Contrary to the belief there still some people out there that hold their word. Most of them might be in Iowa though LOL

I have now idea if it is a boost port or not but at the price I got it at I'm not going to be disappointed what so ever.

su3e6usa.jpg
7e7aruza.jpg
4y8y7y2u.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nice find!!!

Make sure to check the oil and gas separation plug to make sure it hasn't fallen out! A lot of those got shelved for that reason alone.

it was owned by an 82 year old man so I think it was most likely way to much saw for him in the later years. I will have a look at the plug you are talking about when I get it here

it was owned by an 82 year old man so I think it was most likely way to much saw for him in the later years. I will have a look at the plug you are talking about when I get it here

Whow dude, forty bux for a 655BP. That's outragious.

Small aluminum plate epoxied in wall between oil and fuel tanks. Some were done after paint and didn't stick well.

I put the one back in mine after dremeling off the paint. Start of the complete overhaul.

That saw might give your ported 660 a run for it's money! You should post this in the pioneer thread, it's just a Pioneer with different decals. I must say I'm a little jealous. ;)

... if you can find an SDC 80, it makes a huge difference on these saws. I'd say about 20% more power in general. It has a 19mm venturi and puts out more fuel than the normal 17mm SDC. Pioneer used the SDC 80's on the Western saws. Usually you'll gain about another 1800 rpm with the saw plenty rich and still 4 stroking. Boyesen makes a 2 stage reed for these also. They run approx $25. The reeds don't do much at wot, but make it snappier at low to mid. Setting the squish at .020 helps considerably also.

http://www.boyesen.com/2strokerevolution.php

Here is two more pictures that my friend sent. I see miss matched clutch cover nuts and the recoil housing has a different screw in it. I think from what I see it over all looks pretty good though and quite clean for its age. Maybe an 1984 model as I see that scratched into the side now.

I was very worried that some other CAD hounds might have seen the add and beat me out of the saw for the price the guy was asking. But thankfully the guy held to his word.

Not sure why the pictures are upside down now?
ryja7e5e.jpg
e2yte2yt.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, it's official. You suck!
Really great find and unbelievable price. Congrats.

I was very worried that some other CAD hounds might have seen the add and beat me out of the saw for the price the guy was asking. But thankfully the guy held to his word.

I did miss that one but must confess that I do not look every day. UPS shows mine was dropped off at 1:00 this afternoon.

Latest posts

Back