spark plug electrode broke off 562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj78

Reaction score
So changed the spark plug and about 30 days latter spark plug electrode broke off on a 562xp. That being said When It happened I noticed and thought something shot out the exhaust?
Saw died and I didn't try to keep running it. I am by no means a pro just wondering if there is a chance I wont need to rebuild the whole top end or if anyone has exp with this. Thanks (its in que to be taken apart)

Like Ronie says, pull the cylinder off and look.
What you thought you saw fly out might have been the electrode, part of the electrode, or part of the piston top that sheared off when it smacked the electrode into the squish band.
The electrode could have done a circuit through the ports and gouged the cylinder on the way back out, caught between piston side and cylinder wall, may have pinched or even broken the ring.
Take the cylinder off, have a look and flush the crankcase out well with some fuel mix for good measure.
You may have gotten lucky and it fired the electrode straight out the dirty air exit- or it might be tore up in there- need to be open to find out.

So changed the spark plug and about 30 days latter spark plug electrode broke off
What spark plug did you replace the original with? also where did you get the plug? Only reason I am asking is I am hearing there are a lot of fake NGK's, Autolites and others showing up on Amazon and Fleebay so I only buy my plugs local now. Could have been an OEM, not arguing that just curious and possibly a warning for others to be on the look out.

What spark plug did you replace the original with? also where did you get the plug? Only reason I am asking is I am hearing there are a lot of fake NGK's, Autolites and others showing up on Amazon and Fleebay so I only buy my plugs local now. Could have been an OEM, not arguing that just curious and possibly a warning for others to be on the look out.
I belive it is a knock off and hope others do NOT buy.

Had a Honda twin spit out a highly considered Japanese spark plug electrode years ago, (not NGK) one time.Guess it could have been my fault, had some mods.

Latest posts

Back