speed and heavy wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
markbuilt

markbuilt

ArboristSite Lurker
hey guys , like some I m building a wood processor as well great way to learn patience eh .Any way have some parts done . now to the part of the speed of the infeed conveyor to the saw , Iam using a hydraulic motor with a rpm of 155 rpm. My conveyor is 14 feet long and I want ti move thing in very slow but I don't now how to work ot the ratio or where to go get it ( although I have been told ) my thoughs are to slow the motor down by using a 10 tooth n it 40 tooth on my feed shaft for the conveyor sprocket I think that is like 35 rpm which I hope moves my in feed conveyor chain something like 4 inches per minute ?? any help would be nice or an opinion thanks to all

Farmall Guy

Farmall Guy

ArboristSite Operative
:agree2:

Just get a flow control valve and then you'll be able to adjust the speed of the motor from 0-Max RPM. Would also make adjusting it later a breaze if you decide it isnt quite where you want it.

brisawyer

brisawyer

ArboristSite Operative
Flow control is a good idea. To figure the rpm: the desired inches per minute of the belt. devided by the circumfrence of the sprocket To get 4 inches per minute you are going to be less than 1 rpm. So lets say the sprocket is 12 inches in circumfrence (aprox 4 inches dia) to move 4 inches per minute it has to make 1/3 of a turn per minute.

Last edited:

Latest posts