Spider Jack+ Rope Wrench=SRT?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastmaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I haven't used either yet, the spider jack or a tree wrench. I am thinking of getting the spider jack over a unicender, but then I couldn't practice SRT on that system. Could the tree wrench be the solution to that problem? Any incite or advice or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks, Beastmaster

I haven't used either yet, the spider jack or a tree wrench. I am thinking of getting the spider jack over a unicender, but then I couldn't practice SRT on that system. Could the tree wrench be the solution to that problem? Any incite or advice or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks, Beastmaster

I'm gonna go with the gri gri and the rad:)

I'm gonna go with the gri gri and the rad:)
When I first started learning SRT a long time ago(6 mo.):msp_smile:I got me a rad set-up. It's sweet, but now I'm using a croll chest ascender, and and experimenting with different combinations of ascenders for rope walking. It's way faster and easier.
Mostly I use the croll ascender hooked to the bridge of my saddle and use a small bungi hooked to my chin strap and foot lock up if its not to tall of a climb. But its a pain having to change over, to descend quickly. I would like to find a system where I could SRT up and down as easily as using a hicth on a double rope system.
The uni is close but its a little bulky for my taste. Beastmaster

When I first started learning SRT a long time ago(6 mo.):msp_smile:I got me a rad set-up. It's sweet, but now I'm using a croll chest ascender, and and experimenting with different combinations of ascenders for rope walking. It's way faster and easier.
Mostly I use the croll ascender hooked to the bridge of my saddle and use a small bungi hooked to my chin strap and foot lock up if its not to tall of a climb. But its a pain having to change over, to descend quickly. I would like to find a system where I could SRT up and down as easily as using a hicth on a double rope system.
The uni is close but its a little bulky for my taste. Beastmaster

Well I just want to get away from body thrusting 40 foot Ima gettin too old fer dat stuff lol. I really want a raptor:)

Back