Spike's GTG #2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm there...

Hope that beowulf67 and that collection of Jonsered saws makes a return the the GTG this year. He had this great running TST 2171 and a 2095 that I sure liked.

Hey Jack. It will be good to see you, Spike, and co. again. I am knee deep in firewood production/sales but the Oct. date has been set aside. The saws Spike mentioned will be coming along with a west coast 2094 for comparison purposes. Sure hope there will be a 262xp and a 288xp there. I have never run either one before.

Spike....as per our conversation, let me know if I can bring any food. I have a 20"x28" "hotel pan" that can be filled with lasagna. AAAAHHHHHH! Vittles and 2-stroke......priceless.

See you in Oct.. cheers

Pete

Hey Jack. It will be good to see you, Spike, and co. again. I am knee deep in firewood production/sales but the Oct. date has been set aside. The saws Spike mentioned will be coming along with a west coast 2094 for comparison purposes. Sure hope there will be a 262xp and a 288xp there. I have never run either one before.

Spike....as per our conversation, let me know if I can bring any food. I have a 20"x28" "hotel pan" that can be filled with lasagna. AAAAHHHHHH! Vittles and 2-stroke......priceless.

See you in Oct.. cheers

Pete

Jack has a very nice 262, and I have a 288. I think it was there last year, but it was one of those saws that I never even fired up. There was just too many!

It will be fun to compare some 60cc units. I have a really nice 630super. Barney34 has a MS631, and if someone shows up with a Dolmar 116SI, we'll be all set.

Food wise, those stuffed peppers you make would be about the best thing I could think of for that hotel pan. :cheers:

Jack has a very nice 262, and I have a 288. I think it was there last year, but it was one of those saws that I never even fired up. There was just too many!

It will be fun to compare some 60cc units. I have a really nice 630super. Barney34 has a MS631, and if someone shows up with a Dolmar 116SI, we'll be all set.

Food wise, those stuffed peppers you make would be about the best thing I could think of for that hotel pan. :cheers:

I am also interested in the 60cc saws, mostly because I am infatuated with the 630. I will also have my DLX version there with the haughty taughty heated handles.

I will just have to bring some stuff for sandwiches. Not much is going to make it too well from Maine. Lots of suds though for after the chainsawing fun. :cheers:

Yup. Jack had some super nice saws at last years event. "There was just too many!" That there gentlemen is a GROSS understatement.

OK...I guess I will be doing some cooking. Spike... I will email you my plans by this weekend. No GTG attendee shall leave emaciated! Not on my watch anyway!:)

Beowulf67 called me up yesterday with an interesting suggestion. Last year we had the additional theme of helping out the fellow who had been burned in that accident. He thought that this year, the GTG ought to be dedicated to, and in memory of, Witchy. I think that's a very sound idea. These things are lot's of fun, but there are other things that we should never fail to lose sight of. Up at the CNY event, Weimedog and I, who are both the same age, were talking, and he mentioned that when you start getting older, you really learn to enjoy the little things in life. Very true. So, this GTG is dedicated to Witchy.

Looks like a lot of people that I would have liked to meet is going to show up there - but you know....:cry::bang::bang::bang:

Well, not so fast there my friend. Round trip to New York or Boston is about $850 US on Icelandair. How's your passport?

What do you say guys, do we need to get the troll over here? They probably won't let him on the plane with his scale to weigh the saws, but he could still be our guest of honor. Plus just think of how it would shame people who are too lazy to drive two hours.

I'd throw in 50$ to meet a Norwegian carrying a set of scales :greenchainsaw:

Joking aside, let's make this happen.

Last edited:
Back