Spike's GTG III

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting a few saws ready. Last chance, Are there
any saws that i have that some would like to see.
Spike, Are the Echo guys going to be there? I read
a bit ago there was talk about it.

Lee

I would like to run a Homelite 900 series, either direct drive or gear. Never tried one before.

I would like to run a Homelite 900 series, either direct drive or gear. Never tried one before.

Bringing my XL-925, so you're welcome to give it a run. :clap:

Weather forecast has been bouncing around all week and now shows just a 30% chance of showers in the afternoon. Nothing to worry about IMO. Temp should only top out in the low 60's. Just about ideal for a GTG, right?

Some basic directions for when you guys get close: We are directly across from the Citgo station in a white building. There are 60 some school buses on the property, so when you see the buses, you've found us. Store phone is 845-657-6395.

Some basic directions for when you guys get close: We are directly across from the Citgo station in a white building. There are 60 some school buses on the property, so when you see the buses, you've found us. Store phone is 845-657-6395.

Wondered what I was seeing when looking at the Satalite picture of that area ! :laugh::laugh:

.....looks like wet stuff will hold off till later on in the day...and by "wet stuff" I wasn't speaking of entertainment:laugh:

You all know we mechanics are always modifying ,and converting our equipment , I was told that Matt was able to convert a log splitter to a leg splitter [ only took 2 seconds ]lol glad to hear his incident wasnt worse [I dont think chaps woulda helped in this case ] see ya tomorrow jk:rock:

spike,
which place is yours? there seems to be two chainsaw shops in town?did i see you guys just got dr power equipment? or is that someone else?

spike,
which place is yours? there seems to be two chainsaw shops in town?did i see you guys just got dr power equipment? or is that someone else?

DR is the other guys, who are also a Stihl dealer. They've got a good tech down there, who also posts here on AS. I've never gotten along too good with the owners as you could well imagine. :msp_sneaky:

We are in the white building, they are in the brown wood sided building.

Read the thread about your accident. Sounds similar to something that happened at the WMass GTG last winter. Glad that you're still able to make the GTG.

I do remember that...wasn't it Glens friend? I do believe he ended up with a fracture from that.....

Have fun, becareful and CUT SOME FRICKEN WOOD !
Take lots of pics and vids too!
C-Ya next time.

Hey Spike.......Give ya a good deal on Christine

Got the truck loaded up fer tomorrah, gotta git to bed for an early morning :D

Spike, I got to put a crank sensor in a Jeep just like yours first thing in the morning. Then I'll be heading up to your place! Probably be there about lunch time!!

So, here's where we're at boys:

Mostly done with the set up. The logs and the cutting stations are all ready. Logistics are that the front lot and yard are where we are going to be hanging out. But the vehicles will only really fit out around the back towards the shop side. There's access from both sides really, so everyone can get their stuff to the play area.

Got to share some drama that played out this week. Until this morning, we had more promises than wood. Lot's of good intentions, and we had the 2 big 3 ft oak butts, but nowhere near enough regular sized logs. So, many thanks to a local logger who will be there tomorrow for showing up with a good load of logs today. Ya saved the day Frank. :bowdown:

Looking forward to a good time tomorrow. The latest forecast is for some showers "mainly between 2 and 3 PM". Isn't gonna bother me a bit. Been quite the wacked out week and it just flew by. (Thankfully)

And I gotta publicly apologize for blowing it getting a few orders out this week. I dragged my arse and got one out waaaay too late for Terry and just plain FORGOT one to Randy. I wonder if there's any more? :msp_ohmy:

Last item: The T540 came back from it's 2 week trial, and the word is that it lives up to the hype.

See you guys tomorrow.

Btw, you can also find the shop at the Jonsered dealer locator! :cool2:

It likely is the most important saw shop in the US! :cheers:

Out of all the specs you've posted over the years, that is surely the most inaccurate, but thanks for the thought. :cheers:

Back