Split fire 3465 or American AM25HH

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
American 25 HH ordered today

I ordered an American 25HH today with the Honda 8hp, log lift, 4 way, and work pans. The only downside is that it will take about 7 weeks to get here. The splitter business is strong right now.

My overriding criteria were operator ease of use, not speed. Although the 25HH with an 8hp and a 10 second cycle time isn't slow. I really liked the 4 way and the way the wood would be pushed out of the way. With the log lift besides the obvious lifting aid, it also looked like a good work table where others have commented about how they could stack up halfs that needed to be split again. Someday I'll get a conveyor and this is all set up for that. It got down to how many times would I handle the wood and the American work flow looked better.

I was able to order the American through my local tractor dealer who has treated me well for many years. The Split-fire was being distributed by a dealer out of New York who was not easy to deal with. I made a couple of calls directly to both companies and they were great - spent time answering all my questions and they were willing to deal with me direct if I wanted.

Thanks for everyone's impact. I'll post pictures, but it's going to be a long wait until that happens.

congrats! wise choice,you won't regret it.

not sure where in VT you are or how soon you want it but i have a great dealer down here in CT who has them in stock.he'll do cash price no tax as well.my cell is 860-916-3290 if you need his contact info.

Congrats! I have the same splitter and I love it. One of the best investments we have made.

enjoy!

Dave :greenchainsaw:

American 25hh

Nice going. Had mine since '05 I got all the options and not one regret. Sure makes a pile of wood in a short time, with my helper of course, good thing she likes the work out LOL :cheers:

Latest posts

Back