Split-Fire Wood splitters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Super Split line of splitters is rather impressive to say the least. In principle, the flywheel concept would be an enormous energy saver and very efficient with the quick return mechanism. The fact that this machine can run on either a gas engine or an electric motor that requires only 120 v power (like a typical table saw) is a bit mind boggling.

The demos show wood species that are rather easy to split, but it appears there are enough safety factors built into the machine that it would stall out on only the really tough wood like elm and crotchwood. Several rams might be required on tough billets, but heck, we run into these "unsplittables" with hydraulic splitters also.

In my book, this innovation is really worth considering.

rgisch, do a search on that and I think you'll find several fairly recent threads. The owners seem to be pretty pleased with them.

Welcome to the forum! :cheers:

Now leave before you become hopelessly addicted!!!

:computer2:

You have been warned!

:hmm3grin2orange:

I would like to know if it will handle large oak and elm? As I have a CB outdoor stove and only split what won" fit threw the 23" square door. And some of that stingy Elm and Cottonwood can be tough spliting.

Latest posts

Back