splitter opyions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acme0007

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Working on a splitter project today and finally welded the opitional "cup " holders on. What do you all put on your splitters as options that really aren't part of splitting wooooood!!!!

those ARE necessary part of splitting wood.

and a rag or cover over the water mugs to keep out bugs and chips.

Accessible holders for water, hand axe,
A short wood chunk for pushing off blocks stuck on the wedge as the wedge retracts. (I don't like the metal 'log kicker offers' near the cylinder as they always seem a safety hazard on retract to me.)

I liked the idea of the garage sale deck umbrella that someone here mounted. search for pics.

I like them, and it is a necessary part of splitting wood. I've added a cup holder to everything else why not the splitter. When I'm splitting I usually have a cooler with me as I'm a couple hundred feet from my house or shop.

Last edited:
thanks for the idea. I am in the planning stages now of buiding one. I will have to add those to my build, very important to keep drinking your fluids while splitting.

my splitter has cup holders and everything that moves is mounted on rubber, so as not to flatten the beer...lol and the utility box on the side has a drain for the watery ice...

Back