Sponsor thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dancan

dancan

Spruce , The preferred wood of the Purgatory !
. AS Supporting Member.
I always wondered why so many have "sponsor" under their name but don't sell a product or a service... now I know why. You just want to sell stuff in the open forum. Seems perfectly logical to me. :)

Gary

I must have had a case of the dumb ! Now that you have said that it is clear as a bell !
One of the forums I visit has a "Makers Market" forum so to list in there you have to be a "sponsor" , just a way that small sponsors can list their wares and not be amongst a bunch of private sales .

:cheers:

roncoinc

roncoinc

Official Stihl Disser
[QUOTE=GASoline71;2661739I always wondered why so many have "sponsor" under their name but don't sell a product or a service... now I know why. You just want to sell stuff in the open forum. Seems perfectly logical to me. :)
Gary[/QUOTE

Gary,,i edited your post..
after getting banned so many times for selling in a thread and not trying to and trying NOT to and not selling anything i HAD to become a sponsor just to be able to post.
guess what ?? now i try to sell and STILL dont sell anything !!
i would mention i picked up a saw and ask what it may be worth if i wanted to sell it and BANG ! gone again..
at least now being a sponsor i dont have to proof read my post three times.
maybe other mod's arent as understanding as you or i wouldnt have to be a sponsor..

trimmmed

trimmmed

B?rgermeister
GASoline71;2661739I always wondered why so many have "sponsor" under their name but don't sell a product or a service... now I know why. You just want to sell stuff in the open forum. Seems perfectly logical to me. :) Gary[/QUOTE said:
Gary,,i edited your post..
after getting banned so many times for selling in a thread and not trying to and trying NOT to and not selling anything i HAD to become a sponsor just to be able to post.
guess what ?? now i try to sell and STILL dont sell anything !!
i would mention i picked up a saw and ask what it may be worth if i wanted to sell it and BANG ! gone again..
at least now being a sponsor i dont have to proof read my post three times.
maybe other mod's arent as understanding as you or i wouldnt have to be a sponsor..

Gee whiz Ron, quit yer whining already. The posts you were infracted for are still very visible to the mods. YOU WERE OPENLY SELLING, period. In fact you got a warning first before your first infraction.

You didn't have to become a sponsor, you could have simply used the trading post. Look at your posts in this thread, first you are complaining that others are selling but not sponsoring, where's the enforcement??? Then you are going on about leniency,like getting a warning, (which you got). Now you are saying you were FORCED to sponsor, puhleeeeze. And of course you don't want to report anybody that might be selling without sponsorship, but it's ok to whine about it and infer that others are doing it daily.

Don't get all pissy because you got caught. If you weren't selling, I seriously doubt you would have sponsored.

What's the real issue here...........that you are not turning a profit??

Opps,,some reason all my reply was lost..
you cant get there without going by my place
how about $100 under list with warranty ??
heres a video after the mod..
PM me if interested..

You were not selling right?? Forced to sponsor you said, right?? That's just one post that was deleted after infraction.......give it a rest.

Last edited:
roncoinc

roncoinc

Official Stihl Disser
Gee whiz Ron, quit yer whining already. The posts you were infracted for are still very visible to the mods. YOU WERE OPENLY SELLING, period. In fact you got a warning first before your first infraction.

You didn't have to become a sponsor, you could have simply used the trading post. Look at your posts in this thread, first you are complaining that others are selling but not sponsoring, where's the enforcement??? Then you are going on about leniency,like getting a warning, (which you got). Now you are saying you were FORCED to sponsor, puhleeeeze. And of course you don't want to report anybody that might be selling without sponsorship, but it's ok to whine about it and infer that others are doing it daily.

Don't get all pissy because you got caught. If you weren't selling, I seriously doubt you would have sponsored.

What's the real issue here...........that you are not turning a profit??

You were not selling right?? Forced to sponsor you said, right?? That's just one post that was deleted after infraction.......give it a rest.

You want me to give it a rest ?? maybe if you didnt have to make such a long post showing how bad i was the thread would have been rested by now..
Gee Dave,,why you gotta whine about MY whining ??
yup,i was openly selling,thank you for showing everybody what type of post you will get banned for..that WAS a blatant one wasnt it ? :) the others ?? well i would say open to interpetation but it was your int that decided..
hay i aint pissy cause i got caught,only objected on the last couple infractions..
UH, ?? did i say "forced" to sponsor ? i did not..i said i "had" to become a sponsor..Darin was nice enough to give me the chance to get back into the forum by being a sponsor..i appreciated that chance ..and YES ! Dave,your right,no profit,last 4 months $6 total...
AND if i wasnt a sponsor where would i be ?? Now understand Dave,you posted in the open forum and i am responding in an open forum,,where would i be now if i was not a sponsor ??
i would not be able to share in the comraderie and friendship of this forum ..
On closing i have to say the moderation has been very fine with room for impovement only possible in some minor areas..pretty good job overall..
Now Dave why dont you kill this thread and do like you say,or is a PEON like me not worth a PM ??
thank you for your time and effort..

blsnelling
215955707.jpg

trimmmed

trimmmed

B?rgermeister
You want me to give it a rest ?? maybe if you didnt have to make such a long post showing how bad i was the thread would have been rested by now..
Gee Dave,,why you gotta whine about MY whining ??
yup,i was openly selling,thank you for showing everybody what type of post you will get banned for..that WAS a blatant one wasnt it ? :) the others ?? well i would say open to interpetation but it was your int that decided..
hay i aint pissy cause i got caught,only objected on the last couple infractions..
UH, ?? did i say "forced" to sponsor ? i did not..i said i "had" to become a sponsor..Darin was nice enough to give me the chance to get back into the forum by being a sponsor..i appreciated that chance ..and YES ! Dave,your right,no profit,last 4 months $6 total...
AND if i wasnt a sponsor where would i be ?? Now understand Dave,you posted in the open forum and i am responding in an open forum,,where would i be now if i was not a sponsor ??
i would not be able to share in the comraderie and friendship of this forum ..
On closing i have to say the moderation has been very fine with room for impovement only possible in some minor areas..pretty good job overall..
Now Dave why dont you kill this thread and do like you say,or is a PEON like me not worth a PM ??
thank you for your time and effort..

No, you are certainly worth a pm. Did I get one from you? I wasn't going to get into it with you here except I felt that you made enough references to me and how you were moderated to warrant my last post.
I am sorry you are not making money, wish that you were. It's not an easy business, as has been seen in multiple instances by others very recently.

I wish you the best.

Saw Dr.

Saw Dr.

Junk Collector
Maybe they should come up with a "hobbyist sponsorship" or something. It could be like $50 a year and allow guys to post up items for sale in their signature? Tax man gives a write off for "professional dues and subscriptions."

I got booted a while back for "non-sponsor selling." The whole thing turned out to be a giant misunderstanding. In any case, the site needs sponsors to stay afloat. I can certainly understand them wanting to protect the folks who keep the lights turned on around here. There is already a site where everyone can go to sell stuff for free. It is called Craigslist. At least this site does not have a "no money talk" policy.

volks-man

volks-man

Arboristsite.com Spooner
Maybe they should come up with a "hobbyist sponsorship" or something. It could be like $50 a year and allow guys to post up items for sale in their signature? Tax man gives a write off for "professional dues and subscriptions."

I got booted a while back for "non-sponsor selling." The whole thing turned out to be a giant misunderstanding. In any case, the site needs sponsors to stay afloat. I can certainly understand them wanting to protect the folks who keep the lights turned on around here. There is already a site where everyone can go to sell stuff for free. It is called Craigslist. At least this site does not have a "no money talk" policy.

Good idea, except......
It would have to cost a bit more money.
50 is cheap enough that everyone would do it and the
forum would be clogged with ads.

Of note:
I have made a quick inquiry about sponsorship.
I think the price is cheap enough and the forum is worth it.

I think this whole thread is a waste of time.
Lots of misguided bellyaching and there really isn't a way
to resolve the complaints.........
Idk................

spike60

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
The current sponsorship rate is very reasonable IMO. The idea of a lower rate for part time or hobbiest sponsers is not necessary, and would only add another needless layer of complication for the mods to sift through. A sponsorship for me has worked out quite well. I thought that since I was enjoying the site as a member, that I should step up and be a sponser, which was a natural fit since I'm a Husky/Jonsered dealer.

GLOBOTREE

GLOBOTREE

Addicted to ArboristSite
The Woodsman

Hey Spike! maybe someone could explain whats the problem here? not nosing around, but would like to know if theres a money shortage here? or what we as members can do, I like the no cost thing, of course, who doesnt? I recently somehow was made a senior member~ and well...was reading along when i stumbled here...maybe i can help? dont know cause I have never had time to offer, time is money. Yah?

Last edited:

Latest posts