SS Washers for Northern Grinders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob
Got my shims installed. Man do they work slick. Now there is not extra motion to the vice. Slick job. MOney is on the way! Thanks
Greg Harrison(Stihl MS200)

I got mine yesterday and tried 'em out today. The washer sure made an improvement but there isn't enough clearance in my base to accept the shim, yet. Nice work fellas! Money will be going out shortly.

Sidenote: Does anyone else have trouble with the vise stability when you pitch 10 degrees? It works fine on the left hand cutters but I have to watch it on the right hand because it will vary a few degrees when I lock and unlock the vise. I guess I may need to step up a size on the ball bearing and enlarge the pocket to steady it.

Figuring these all came out of the same mold (or mold series) the only difference would be in the powdercoat or in the bending of the spring/shim.

Too much bend will cause it to not accept the vise base properly, try seating the side with the gap first and wiggling the vise base back-forth.

If anything I would expect it to fit but be too snug as the spring/shim isint designed to take up all the room, just keep the vise centred while taking up most of the room.

I removed the balls and never looked back.:clap:

RBW I got it all assembled fine, it just was too stiff to turn. My vice has very little side to side play, the only gripe I had was it was hard to rotate. That's fixed now with the "patented stainless shim" :hmm3grin2orange:.

My shims arrived today. Nice packaging job too. I was concerned because occasionally the mail man likes to get physical with my mail and smashes and/or rips the crap out of it. I do appreciate all of the work you guys have put into this. :cheers:

Installed the shim/washer kit today. Nice job Ericjeeper, RBW, and Stihl 041S. Appreciate all the time and effort.

RBW, I tried to leave positive rep (not shooting blanks anymore) but system won't let me.

Intro & washer availability?

Hi,

I have lurked for a short while and just registered. My background with saws started in the 1970s out west with some Macs, then Stihl 045, Jonsered 70E, Husky 154. Currently where I work in FL I use a Stihl 026, Husky 357XP, & Husky 334s. I cut firewood and built a log cabin when I lived in the west while in FL it is hurricane damage and dead tree cutting. I have enjoyed reading many of the posts so far.

I wondered if any of these washer kits for the northern grinder are still available?

Thanks

ss washers

kevinj, got it

Everyone else:

I haven't got the balance of the washers done yet. When I got back from Mississippi last week, the Lathe I needed(4 and1/2 thru hole), was being worked on, so I may not be able to send them out til saturday.

Sorry about the wait but If I buy the material and buy machine time, they would cost about 4 times as much. I'm sorry It is taking so long, but when you make them you cut away alwost99% of the material.

I'll try to catch up.

Rob

Update

Deerlakejens kevinj precaud gapulper heymack oojuice danl

flht01 24d loglugger larrythecableguy dok sawin vegaome davidaker

williwest bBum ole farmerbuck

yours were sent today, more tonight.

some were sent to eric(RBW) so he could put in a shim and sent them on, I ran out and didn't tell him.

No checks, this is not a business. mail money to return address on package.

Pay when you have gotten all the sets you ordered.

I have to learn to type.

If your name is not on this list, don't panic, give me one day to catch up.

ROB

after 2 days, then panic.

Washer List

MS-310 Livewire Schweg2 superdave hillcrest:your washers are going to R B W and he will add a shim, and mail to you

Woodduck encorepistol: need address

baydog evin: as soon as I get some more shims from RBW(Am I dumping this on him?) I'll set up for some more washers

Dolmarat02 Dtw902 olyman: I owe you them next, I ain't forgot

NOTE: this is a non profit group. If you get one grinder, please don't order----a couple of sets---- they arent aaa batteries we would be out of bussiness, if this was a business. so please, just order for the grinders you got. If you want them to put them in grinders to sell, email for prices, R B W estimated a price for the real world.(dumped on him again).

You could just have your friends that dont have grinders order them for you and fool the village idiot ( me again ), but then I would swing a dead cat over my head, hail the prince of Pakipcy and ban all washers for evermore til the curse is lifted.

to put it another way;If I hadn't score a chunk of SS , it would have cost $225, then take the 42 pound peice and machine away 41 pounds, package time, $.63 to mail each one. (you begin to see why I'm not in business for myself), add in the toolong , time, and materials of R B W, then toolong and time for whats his name-me.(and a b*tch to deburr)

I like doing it for you guys, I've learned a lot on this site, thanks.

Many people have thanked me and I want to thank you for wanting to do something to be thanked for(RETCH-sounds like a barry manalow song-UNCLEAN-UNCLEAN

Rob

Anybody I missed, EMAIL

Any other multiples, EMAIL

Any not on todays 2 posting that haven't got theirs yet, EMAIL

MS-310 Livewire Schweg2 superdave hillcrest:your washers are going to R B W and he will add a shim, and mail to you

Woodduck encorepistol: need address

baydog evin: as soon as I get some more shims from RBW(Am I dumping this on him?) I'll set up for some more washers

Dolmarat02 Dtw902 olyman: I owe you them next, I ain't forgot

NOTE: this is a non profit group. If you get one grinder, please don't order----a couple of sets---- they arent aaa batteries we would be out of bussiness, if this was a business. so please, just order for the grinders you got. If you want them to put them in grinders to sell, email for prices, R B W estimated a price for the real world.(dumped on him again).

You could just have your friends that dont have grinders order them for you and fool the village idiot ( me again ), but then I would swing a dead cat over my head, hail the prince of Pakipcy and ban all washers for evermore til the curse is lifted.

to put it another way;If I hadn't score a chunk of SS , it would have cost $225, then take the 42 pound peice and machine away 41 pounds, package time, $.63 to mail each one. (you begin to see why I'm not in business for myself), add in the toolong , time, and materials of R B W, then toolong and time for whats his name-me.(and a b*tch to deburr)

I like doing it for you guys, I've learned a lot on this site, thanks.

Many people have thanked me and I want to thank you for wanting to do something to be thanked for(RETCH-sounds like a barry manalow song-UNCLEAN-UNCLEAN

Rob

Anybody I missed, EMAIL

Any other multiples, EMAIL

Any not on todays 2 posting that haven't got theirs yet, EMAIL

AWWW crap...I don't know about RBW having my addy:help:

Just joshin' RBW!!!

Thank you stihl 041s!!!

Stihl
Just sent you an email (with address)to get on the SS washer list. Sent one the other day but it likely got lost in space!

thanks
Bob

Back