Star Tron?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAWoodsman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Curious if anyone uses pump gas with Star Tron? Ive used Star Tron in my outboard for 8 years and its never had any issues. Anyone else use it in their saws? Im looking for alternatives to the ~$30 canned gas.

For those who dont know, here is what Star Tron "does"

"Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment is a multifunctional fuel additive which uses a unique enzyme technology that allows all engines to start easily and run smoothly, even when using ethanol-blended fuel or after sitting idle for months. Star Tron® eliminates and prevents ethanol fuel problems."

I've used Star Tron for years. Can't actually say if it does any good but I've had no issues with fuel while using it so I'll continue. It goes into anything that is stored in a can (mower, splitter, snowblower and mix).

I agree Stabil is junk! I had it in my fuel tank on my boat with a 200 efi Yamaha setting for 2 months, 2 different times, and it wiped out the fuel pump both of those times. $686 a pop, part price only.
Since then I only use straight gas with Lucas fuel treatment in everything that sets around for a little while and have not had a issue.
I have heard good things about Star Tron, but have never used it.
Never tried startron. Stabil is junk IMO.

https://k-100.com/
I went to K100 for my boat and gen. Boat has been running so much better starting 3rd season since use for storage etc.

View attachment 985420

I agree Stabil is junk! I had it in my fuel tank on my boat with a 200 efi Yamaha setting for 2 months, 2 different times, and it wiped out the fuel pump both of those times. $686 a pop, part price only.
Since then I only use straight gas with Lucas fuel treatment in everything that sets around for a little while and have not had a issue.
I have heard good things about Star Tron, but have never used it.
I had the same thing happen to a Kawasaki ATV with a new pump price similar to yours. I always used the red but a knowledgeable friend told me the green was better so I switched. I pulled the (not made to disassemble) pump motor apart to see what happened. Inside the motor was coated with green and the brushes were glued to their holders, not allowing the springs to adjust for wear. The float bowls also had the same green coating. Luckily I was able to find a poorly made aftermarket pump motor for $15 but it's still working OK.

I use it. before i switched to E free gas, i would put some star Tron in my gas, and my weed hackers would start right up after sitting all winter with gas in the tank. I still put it in my E free gas.

Green Stabil? Haven't seen that. I use the blue Marine Stabil.
Have never had issues with it. I own many small engines- 3 chainsaws, 8 generators, Echo 410U brush trimmer,Yamaha ATV, 2hp Yamaha Outboard, lawnmower, 3 motorcycles that often sit long periods.
Only one I ever have issues with is a Poulan leaf blower- I have to put a carb on that thing every year- at least it's under $20.
I'm open to something better- hmmm I wonder if Project Farm has tested stabilizers....

All of them get no ethanol 90 octane- I'm lucky I can get it 2 miles from home.

Had a buddy who was a big fan of Star Tron, claimed it made everything better. Better MPG, easier starts, less smelly farts, the whole nine yards. Surprised he didn't use it in his coffee. He sent me a bottle to try and I figured what harm could it do? Didn't impact the way the car ran in the slightest, but it definitely cut MPG a bit at the end of the tank.

No clue how it works as a fuel stabilizer, but any other claim is bunk.

I use it in every bit of fuel in a can that comes on property- mower, chain saw, blower, trimmer, boat and have not had a fuel related problem related problem in the 8 years that i have used it. Everything starts in spring after setting with fuel in tank all winter, before its use it was ohaul carbs at least every 2 years and drain and clean fuel system just to get them started in spring,

I believe it was designed to keep the ethanol suspended in the gas instead of separate and draw water.

I have been using it since I think 2009 or 2010. Have had zero problems out of any of my small engines including 4wheelers and our pioneer. Our 4wheeler sat for 2 years untouched and when i I put a new battery in it, it started right up and ran fine. I also use 91 or 93 ethanol free. I put it in my barrel when I fill it up which is 55 gallon. To me it cheap insurance.

Back