Started cutting down a maple tree at my sisters today!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYH1

Tacticle Chainsaw Operator.
Yup, that's the most important thing when cutting by bystanders, MAKE SURE THEY ARE OUT OF THE WAY! And you did that, so you're good, and you wore PPE! Nice pics, good job, nice saw! NYH1, you won't want to run a bigger saw, you'll be addicted then! And yup, she'll run 2x as good broke in!;) :D :rock: :laugh: :rockn:
Thanks 440! This saw cuts great now. I can't wait until it's broke in! I'm thoroughly impressed with it. It went though that 19 1/2 inch maple log like it was nothing. Most of my cutting will be 12 to 18 inch black cherry. ;)

NYH1

how do

i enjoyed your photos and as far as ppe goes...i just ordered my first set of chaps. i was limbing an standing tree before felling it and the branch i cut came down on my saw and pushed the saw down to my leg, the chain break caught and no damage...just a wake up call.

i was wearing a hard hat at the time, i work for a rural electric so it is required. i ordered one for my own use and it was not expensive.

i also bought a pole saw to do overhead limbing.

i am damn near 60 and i really try to work safe on and off the job.

really nice photos

talcott
Yeah I really have to get a pair of chaps. And a good pair of gloves.

NYH1

I enjoyed watching all the action. Nice quads I couldn't tell the model im guessing grizzly 600s. That husky was throwing chips pretty good! I am happy to see you work safe. Keep the pictures coming.
The one hooked up to the trailer is my 2000 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4. The other one is my wife's 2002 Suzuki Ozark 250.

Yeah the saw runs great! ;)

I'm going to buy some more safety equipment and I can't wait to post more pic's! :D

NYH1

That wasn't a tree, it was a mini-forest. I would have loved to have been there to have milled a bunch of that stuff...you are just too far away even if you would have invited me.

Mark
I would have loved the added help, especially experienced help. It's always nice to learn something! ;)

I love running a chain saw and cutting wood! People think I'm crazy, but I love doing it. The main reason I burn wood.........is because I cut it. Some people cut and split wood so they can burn it, I burn wood so I can cut and split it! :biggrinbounce2:

oldsaw

oldsaw

"Been There, Milled That"
I would have loved the added help, especially experienced help. It's always nice to learn something! ;)

I love running a chain saw and cutting wood! People think I'm crazy, but I love doing it. The main reason I burn wood.........is because I cut it. Some people cut and split wood so they can burn it, I burn wood so I can cut and split it! :biggrinbounce2:

What I don't mill, I cut for other people to burn. We are in the same boat, just like to run saws in either case.

Mark

Freakingstang

Freakingstang

Doctor Freakinstein
Nice pics. Glad to see another 365 in action.

I have a pair of the blue husky chaps that I've never worn.....lol PM me if you are interested in them. I might be home sometime soon.....lol

Thanks again for taking the time to post some pics