Startin em young :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, that's awesome! I like the part when you said "now do it again" and that should be followed with now drag brush over to the chipper. ;)

very cool tarz, this last weekend out at the museum grounds i had my 6 yearold getting choker lessons from a good freind and member "alleyoop" , even learned to coil them up when done. yea i know no pic's it did'nt happen.

:msp_smile:Just a warning....my friends have boys who were started out early and the mom says she always got nervous when she saw them getting their saws. Not because she was afraid they'd get hurt, but she wondered what they were going to cut down. These are the same formerly little boys who quietly hacked up a watermelon in the back seat with their newly purchased toy hatchets, on the way home from the grocery store.

Where are the Kuliens?

Looks better than some folks on the chainsaw forum and he looks relaxed already. Good to see!

:clap::clap: He looks like he'll do just fine. Looks good in the tin hat, too.
Yeah, he did not want to wear it, but I had just climbed and pruned the tree and there are always a few headaches left over.

Dude, that's awesome! I like the part when you said "now do it again" and that should be followed with now drag brush over to the chipper. ;)
If only I had a chipper :(

very cool tarz, this last weekend out at the museum grounds i had my 6 yearold getting choker lessons from a good freind and member "alleyoop" , even learned to coil them up when done. yea i know no pic's it did'nt happen.
Gotta start em young! I got my first chainsaw at 9...talked a relative out of it at a yardsale, and bought my first brand new 535 jonsered at 12...had to pile brush, stack firewood, any other thing that my Uncle required for a whole summer to earn $375 to buy the saw!

:msp_smile:Just a warning....my friends have boys who were started out early and the mom says she always got nervous when she saw them getting their saws. Not because she was afraid they'd get hurt, but she wondered what they were going to cut down. These are the same formerly little boys who quietly hacked up a watermelon in the back seat with their newly purchased toy hatchets, on the way home from the grocery store.

Where are the Kuliens?

Looks better than some folks on the chainsaw forum and he looks relaxed already. Good to see!

Hopefully he becomes a lawyer and not a dumb grunt like his Dad, but at least, hopefully he will have the skills to put himself through law school! Kuliens? Mine are hammered, and when he finishes law school he can buy his own! I ordered a new pair of vibrams, several months ago, and talked to Laurie about an hour ago and got the same story as a month ago...probably in the next couple of weeks...mine are worn smooth on the balls of my feet! They need to hire somebody!

Pardon my insatiable appetite for Old Growth,it's how I roll.

019.jpg

Show that pic to an Alaskan and let them tell you what you're doing wrong.

I'll play. My then 9yr old daughter with a FULL Race 394 Husky pulling 36" 75CJ(8-tooth there).

Just sayin'.

Just sayin' what Larry? I really hope you are not insulting my kid. I just read through a whole lotta bull#### that you wrote, and I have determined that your mouth is a whole lot bigger behind your computer screen, than in person. I was unfortunate enough to work on a few of the same jobs as you in AK...small world huh? Go spread your bull#### somewhere else. Leave your name with your posts from now on Larry...

Cody Thomas

Last edited:
Just sayin' what Larry? I really hope you are not insulting my kid. I just read through a whole lotta bull#### that you wrote, and I have determined that your mouth is a whole lot bigger behind your computer screen, than in person. I was unfortunate enough to work on a few of the same jobs as you in AK...small world huh? Go spread your bull#### somewhere else.

sure is a shame that people mud up a good thing. still a great thread tarz.:smile2:

Never heard of you,but Flat Landers are a dime a dozen and assuredly couldn't hang with me. If you were ever in proximity to me,there was money to be made and I reckon it par for your course,that you couldn't cut the mustard and found it to be unfortunate. Cream rises to the top and Flat Landers shuck and ran...'tis an age old constant.

The 10yr old only knows what you can show him and in fairness that ain't much. So it's a slippery slope by default. With luck,he'll maybe someday rub shoulders with someone with a clue and will be alotted a fair shake. Raw deal he's got currently.

Please feel free to find me mistaken.

My bro Pat Lacey and I were working for Columbia on Prince of Wales, up by Whale Pass...we were all cuttin for Dave Mueller, and everytime I was around you, you talked big talk for a little troll, but you sure as hell did not have anything bad to say about me to my face...such is the way with chicken####s. I remember on one particular job you had one of the best strips on the hillside, and were still whining about not makin any money. Now you are on here and all big and bad behind your computer screen, saying how much money you made? Then on Dall Island when the support ship had a hard landing? All the other guys said, sure it was scary, but you...big bad Larry mmmalkjfkldjla whatever the #### your goofy assed last name is....you carried on like a sniveling little cry baby. Just keep diggin your hole dip####!

Cody Thomas

Keep flappin your jaws Larry. You know damn well you were in that ship...You had the privelege of bein in it with a hell of a timber faller, Kurt Chaney, who just kinda shrugged it off, you remember now? We were riding in the boat every day from hydaburg to Dall, and on the way back home that day, you were rantin and ravin about it like the little ##### you are!

Cody...

I think what your "buddy" doesn't realize is that being a faller is like living in a small town. Eventually everybody knows you...for better or for worse. In this case, after reading your posts, I'd have to say it's mostly for worse. Thanks for the insight into what this guy really is. I don't think he'd be welcome at our outfit...not for long anyway.

We've all worked with guys like that but if we were lucky they didn't stick around long. Somebody like that just poisons a whole crew eventually and I'd rather work short handed than put up with the kind of crap those people create.

The best fallers I knew were justifiably proud of their skills and accomplishments...but they never bragged. Their work said everything about them that you needed to know. It still works that way.

The best fallers I knew were justifiably proud of their skills and accomplishments...but they never bragged. Their work said everything about them that you needed to know. It still works that way.

the best guy is the one that gets up every morning and gets the job done, then they go home they know that they got the job done and dont have anything to prove to anyone else.

I bought my son a 36 Husky for his 12th birthday. 14 years later he still has it, and keeps it in the tool box of his truck.

Back