Stihl 011 AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for your reply.

When I got the saw I took the carburetor apart and cleaned it in my ultrasonic cleaner with detergent and the heater on. I put a new diagram kit in it and replaced the fuel line. The tank vent was missing so I made one out of fuel line and two grub screws.

I didn't do a pressure/vacuum test because the plates I made are for the intake. J guess I'll have to make an exhaust plate with a port for this saw yto test it.

The Dirko didn't work. If seems like it didn't set up or the brake cleaner softened it. I resealed it with Permatex Anaerobic sealer this time. I plan on letting it sit for a few days to be sure the sealant has cured.

Thank you for your reply.

When I got the saw I took the carburetor apart and cleaned it in my ultrasonic cleaner with detergent and the heater on. I put a new diagram kit in it and replaced the fuel line. The tank vent was missing so I made one out of fuel line and two grub screws.

I didn't do a pressure/vacuum test because the plates I made are for the intake. J guess I'll have to make an exhaust plate with a port for this saw yto test it.

The Dirko didn't work. If seems like it didn't set up or the brake cleaner softened it. I resealed it with Permatex Anaerobic sealer this time. I plan on letting it sit for a few days to be sure the sealant has cured.
I assume you have run the saw?, how did it perform?.

Sorry about digging up an old post but I solved my leak problem and wanted to post what happened in case it would help someone else.

I drilled the rivets that held the reed valve and sanded the block using 600 grit on my table saw. The block was definitely warped, I put it back together using pop rivets. It failed a vacuum test. I put the saw down and moved to other things. Not being a quitter I eventually went back to it.

After fooling with the saw and finding the leak was at the carburetor I realized it was the rivets. Those pop rivets were the wrong choice. I put dome Dirko on them both sides and the leak stopped.

I suspect the factory solid rivets leaked too. If you are experiencing a vacuum leak on this family check the reed valve rivets.

Latest posts

Back