stihl 011 avt horsepower

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tundraotto

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
buddy of mine asked me if i knew how many hp his 011 avt produces. its fairly old, maybe 1985-1995 range. anyway i dont know but i told him i would ask you guys. anybody know, what about cc's. its quite a handy little saw, (even though his oil pump quit during our last weekend bash).

Hi
011 specs are. engine is 41 cm3 or 2.50 cubic in,bore 38 mm or 1.50 in.,Stroke 36 mm or 1.42 in,9800 max rpm.Max torque 1.8 Nm or 1.3 ft pounds at 4500.For some odd reason they dont give me any Hp specs.Maybe they didn't want to scare anyone.It might be one of those Huge Competition chainsaws.
Dan

wow
i didn't realize it was a 41cc saw. i just figured it was in the low 30s. i guess thats not too bad considering that last time i checked, stihl lists it as being homeowner grade.

stihl 011

I have one. It is a great little saw, very light with very reasonable power, with its narrow kerf blade, plus it sips gas. It has been very dependable and is the best idling Stihl saw I have ever used.

Strange coincidence. I just got back from the charity woodcutting event in Wisconsin last night and late this morning went through all my saws to run them and tune them and clean and check them over.

Last saw I ran was my 011AVEQ. That was just before I came into the house and looked in on AS and saw this thread.

Since I picked up the little top handle Tanaka (much lighter and more compact), the 011 mostly just sits there with the tank drained and gets run every month or so to keep things lubricated and up to snuff. Probably sell it one of these days, but nobody seems to want them very much. Nice little saw, and it DOES have a sweet idle.

Last edited:
Strange coincidence. I just got back from the charity woodcutting event in Wisconsin last night and late this morning went through all my saws to run them and tune them and clean and check them over.

Last saw I ran was my 011AVEQ. That was just before I came into the house and looked in on AS and saw this thread.

Since I picked up the little top handle Tanaka (much lighter and more compact), the 011 mostly just sits there with the tank drained and gets run every month or so to keep things lubricated and up to snuff. Probably sell it one of these days, but nobody seems to want them very much. Nice little saw, and it DOES have a sweet idle.

Mine hasn't seen much use since I posted a few years back.... The exception being just after Irene. I upgraded to a top handle jonsered. It kinda out-performs the 011 by a little bit.

Got one last summer from my wifes uncle for free he said it didn't run.Well with some new gas and a carb adjustment and complete clean it ran perfect and seeing I have 3 running 44cc saws I sold it to my brother for $45.00.It had no cover or spark screen on the muffler and sounded and cut as good as a 41cc saw could.

Wanna sell it?

Hey StihlyinEly, are you ready to sell your Stihl 011 yet?

I just bought one at an auction "broke down" for 15 bucks. Putting fuel in them works wonders. I was going to sell it, but I already love that little saw. I'll keep it over most of my others now!

I'm considering a used 011 AV EQ and wonder what the vibes are like. Is it a real vibrator compared to newer spring AV saws?

That's good to hear. If the guy still has it I'll pick it up. Looks like such a handy little trimming/limbing saw to pair with my 562XP.

Latest posts

Back