Stihl 011 AVT trouble

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bsox67

Reaction score
Good morning, I have a stihl 011 avt that will start but soon dies. I have replaced the fuel line and filter as well as replacing the carb kit. Still the same trouble. While working on the saw I nudged what looks to be a vent line from the gas tank and it broke where it goes into the saw next to the carb. Would this cause the trouble im having with the saw? Not sure where this line goes or what it has to do with the saw running properly..Thank you!

Good morning, I have a stihl 011 avt that will start but soon dies. I have replaced the fuel line and filter as well as replacing the carb kit. Still the same trouble. While working on the saw I nudged what looks to be a vent line from the gas tank and it broke where it goes into the saw next to the carb. Would this cause the trouble im having with the saw? Not sure where this line goes or what it has to do with the saw running properly..Thank you!
Check the gaskets between the carb and cylinder. They have a small hole for the impulse.Make sure they are lined up proprly. If blocked will do what your describing.

Is it electronic? If the points are dirty, or the gap is off, they'll start and die like that.

Back