Stihl 011 AVT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonnieville

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
One of these is advertised for sale locally with 16" bar. Asking $125. I assume its an older saw. Its not listed on the Stihl website. Is this a good light weight saw for pruning and limbing for a home owner? My 029 is a little heavy to take in a tree with me. What is it worth? Any thing I should know about it or check for If I go to look at it?
Thanks

I sold one for $80 + shipping with stihl case and 3 chains and like new bar. Very underpowered for a 41cc saw and I think powerhead weighed in the 10.5LB or better. My pieced together out of junk saw poulans 36cc built out of 2 saws out cut the 011, I would pass. JMO.
I would look at the newer small saws, in the $189-$249 IMO.

CopyofStihl011001.jpg

Acres info below in links.

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...98ff65f86b956a2188256dee005b7cc3?OpenDocument

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...2adbb4dba0ac219e88256ba20049e110?OpenDocument

$125 is a bit on the high side for that saw IMO. I have an 012 and have used every saw in that family (009, 010, 011 & 012). They OK saws for trimming and limbing, yard work and such. But I wouldn't spend that much for one unless it was near perfect, even then maybe.....

For light work they are quite nice. I've got a 009, and it is the saw I pick up when I go out for a walk, but I'm not planning on doing some cutting. I usually end up cutting something, but it is light and compact enough to carry "just in case". With a good sharp chain they'll cheerfully cut 10" pine logs all day - but they'd struggle a bit with hardwood. For limbing and clean up, they're fine.

Mine must be 30 years old and starts 3rd pull every time. It was given to my father second-hand, he gave it to me. In all the time we've had it (about 20 years) it's needed a carb-kit and a few new chains. They're also easy to tear down if you need to clean them out.

So, nice little saw, but $125 looks a bit steep.

Edit - 16" bar would be on the long side for one of these. 12, 13 or 14 at most.

Last edited:
Back