Stihl 011AVT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

94 wrangler

ArboristSite Member
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a Stihl 011AVT in the local news paper that an older fella bought many years ago. It's in great shape. Came with a practically new Stihl case that was covered in dust from years of storage, three like new chains, a 14" bar, users manual that was inside the case and completely soaked with bar oil and a scrench. All for $100! That said, the 011AVT is new to me, meaning I never worked on one before nor have I ever used one.
The fuel line needed replaced and the carburetor needed some work. I replaced the fuel line and re-built and ultra sonic cleaned the Zama carburetor. I used an OEM Zama kit. Got her running! After going over this saw, I found something I had never seen on a saw before. Does it have a primer on the oil pump? I see the chain sprocket's side cover has a scrench slot cut out. If I am correct, how many times should I push in on the primer before starting? If I am not correct, please correct me.
I sure could use a shop manual for future reference. Thanks in advance for the read, replies or any other advice you may have to offer.

The 1120 series have a strange oil pump that runs off the crankcase impulses. The pumps had two styles of covers. One looks like it has a primer button but I don't believe it is. I have an 009 which is almost the same saw with 2mm smaller bore.

The pump parts are NLA from Stihl but a member here from Germany is making/selling replacement.

Shop manual is for 009-011, IPL is for a 009 (Mostly same parts)

Attachments

• 009shopManual.pdf
    15.7 MB · Views: 12
  • 009 ipl.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Back