Stihl 015 NLA Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpaayDawg

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has come up with a solution for the gas tank/oil tank cap seals for an 015 stihl. I got the sucker to run, but you can't turn it or gas will spill all over. Checking the oil cap its gasket is cracked too. Called my dealer and the part is NLA.

Stihl part NO: 0000 992 6305

Can anybody help a guy out? Thanks in advance! :cheers:

I was wondering if anyone has come up with a solution for the gas tank/oil tank cap seals for an 015 stihl. I got the sucker to run, but you can't turn it or gas will spill all over. Checking the oil cap its gasket is cracked too. Called my dealer and the part is NLA.

Stihl part NO: 0000 992 6305

Can anybody help a guy out? Thanks in advance! :cheers:

How about just replacing the gas and oil cap all together?

I'm not sure if the 0000 350 0510 will fit, but it's worth a try.

I've got some 015's at the shop and I'll see if that part # works and let you know.

That same sealing ring is used on
009,010,011,012,020,030,031,032,041,045 and 056

The tank vent is also in the cap and can go bad and leak too.
It is a oneway valve that Stihl used on many saw up to 660.
I have used it in Stihl saws that it was never used on to fix
leaking gas tank vents.

TT

TT

How about just replacing the gas and oil cap all together?

I'm not sure if the 0000 350 0510 will fit, but it's worth a try.

I've got some 015's at the shop and I'll see if that part # works and let you know.

Thanks! That would be great.
Cap is also NLA, looked on ebay for a bit and found 1 for $20+shipping ouch!:jawdrop:
I'd rep ya, but don't think I can?

Find a new dealer!!!!!!!!!!

Tried two dealers within 1/2 hour from my house, both say no go on having it in stock, both said that this part# was replaced with this part# yada-yada, and all part #s are NLA for the O-ring and the cap itself. Both mentioned purchasing a newer saw...:monkey:

That same sealing ring is used on
009,010,011,012,020,030,031,032,041,045 and 056

The tank vent is also in the cap and can go bad and leak too.
It is a oneway valve that Stihl used on many saw up to 660.
I have used it in Stihl saws that it was never used on to fix
leaking gas tank vents.

TT

TT

Thanks for the heads up, come to think of it the vent does resemble the one on all of my 041's.

The sealing ring on the 015 gas cap will be the same as sealing ring on the 041 oil tank cap.
It works the same on say MS260 gas cap is used on MS880 oil tank.
Stihl is very good to use a part on as many saws as they can.

TT

I took what was left of one of the old sealing rings off of the 015 and compared it to the one that's on my 028 oil cap. The one on the 028 seems a bit bigger but I may be missing some of the 015 ring. I think I'll call tomorrow and see how much a pair of these are. Part #0000 359 1210, it it's less than $5 for the pair I'll snatch em up and then they'll be on the shelf even if they don't work. I'd replace with the entire 028 oil cap but then I wouldn't have any tank vent for the fuel.

Thanks guys! :cheers::cheers:

I took what was left of one of the old sealing rings off of the 015 and compared it to the one that's on my 028 oil cap. The one on the 028 seems a bit bigger but I may be missing some of the 015 ring. I think I'll call tomorrow and see how much a pair of these are. Part #0000 359 1210, it it's less than $5 for the pair I'll snatch em up and then they'll be on the shelf even if they don't work. I'd replace with the entire 028 oil cap but then I wouldn't have any tank vent for the fuel.

Thanks guys! :cheers::cheers:

Don't think 028 uses same ring as 015.

TT

I picked one up for an 015 project saw less than six months ago from a local dealer. I didn't bother with IPL #s, just brought in the cap. if you strike out, just go to a local auto parts or farm store and pick up an appropriately sized flat o-ring. It doesn't have to come from Stihl if all you need is the sealing ring..........just a thought.

Considering the dealer suggested a new saw when all you need is an o-ring sheds a whole lot of light on the nature of the dealer in question..........

I hope SpaayDawg didn't mean it the way it sounded.

TT

It was intended to be light-hearted, just from his previous post concerning dealers. I did not know what he was referencing. I smiled while reading it, and quickly typed the first thing that came to my mind, not trying to start anything here.

Older dealers should still have plenty, I will be going by one in the morning
and pick up a couple if they have them.

Older dealers should still have plenty, I will be going by one in the morning
and pick up a couple if they have them.

I'd be interesting to know if they do.

I'm still a bit confused by the fact that some dealers have older parts, some dealers can still get older parts, and some dealers cannot get older parts from their respective regional distributors. I guess that it is safe to assume that both dealers within driving distance from my house are supplied by the same distributor?

I'd be interesting to know if they do.

I'm still a bit confused by the fact that some dealers have older parts, some dealers can still get older parts, and some dealers cannot get older parts from their respective regional distributors. I guess that it is safe to assume that both dealers within driving distance from my house are supplied by the same distributor?

Not sure how long my dealer has been selling Stihl. (I think from early 70's)
But he does have some NLA 015 and 056 parts in stock.
I bought NOS 015 piston kit from him and 056 Super rings.
He had them in stock.

TT

Old thread, but I’m looking for a pair of replacement caps for an 015l both fuel and oil. Oem would be great but aftermarket ok too. Can’t seem to find anything to replace these caps. Both are leaking from vent and one is cracked. As a side question- are the vents in these caps serviceable? Thank you.

Old thread, but I’m looking for a pair of replacement caps for an 015l both fuel and oil. Oem would be great but aftermarket ok too. Can’t seem to find anything to replace these caps. Both are leaking from vent and one is cracked. As a side question- are the vents in these caps serviceable? Thank you.
015snip.PNG

Back