Stihl 015 NLA Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man- I need the entire cap, not just the o-ring. Sorry, probably should’ve started a new thread.

I put a screw in the plastic insert. It's the white plastic in the center. Pull out the insert with the screw and pliers......may need to give it a tap or two with a small hammer. Once out, Drill out the center with a slightly smaller bit. Insert a duckbill and tap the insert back in. I used a poulan duckbill as it's longer. Worked for me.

That same sealing ring is used on
009,010,011,012,020,030,031,032,041,045 and 056

The tank vent is also in the cap and can go bad and leak too.
It is a oneway valve that Stihl used on many saw up to 660.
I have used it in Stihl saws that it was never used on to fix
leaking gas tank vents.

TT

TT
My problem is still unresolved. Definitely the tank vent it leaks from. The vent appears to be just a little (for lack of a better word) paper clip type piece of metal where I can see daylight through if I look through the bottom of the cap into some light- I can’t see how it would ever seal- sure it let’s air in, but also let’s gas/oil out. Maybe I’m missing something?

Shade tree question- Should the tanks be under vacuum when it runs and that prevents gas oil from exiting?

I think they (stihl) might have been banking on that replacement air to keep the fluids in the tank when it was running. I’ll try to take some pictures of the vent valve. Definitely antiquated. From what I’ve read about the 015, it was definitely a saw built for the masses and not the professional.

Pictures of vent valve and vent valve installed in cap- (yes the cap is broken) found a used one- same set up and put it on the saw, same result with fuel leaking from vent.

Attachments

• C435A0F0-644B-46BB-A027-B256DDFD18E1.jpeg
    C435A0F0-644B-46BB-A027-B256DDFD18E1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • 7F68403D-3768-43FF-BF22-A35AFB9C2CCF.jpeg
    7F68403D-3768-43FF-BF22-A35AFB9C2CCF.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
Look up the parts diagram on dyispareparts.com

Yes, the oil cap has the steel pin in it, the fuel cap has an umbrella type valve in them, the part number for the fuel cap is, 1116 350 0506 and the umbrella valve is 1110 353 1600, these show up on Stihl Media Cat as # 18 and # 19

I was missing something. Thank you- I’ll see if I can order one of those umbrella valves. Bought the saw second hand and both caps had the steel pin in them, subsequently-after a long search found someone in Ohio that had replacement caps- those arrived and both of them had the steel pins too.

They fit but as you can see the fuel cap needs a valve or it will dribble, the oil cap not so much. The fuel cap has a disk like plug in it that the umbrella valve seats on whereas the oil cap does not.

The oil cap dribbles too from the vent, but maybe other things in the oiler system need cleaned/replaced.

Latest posts

Back