Stihl 020avp carb question...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfpcservice

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My 020avp's carb says WA-1A on it. I rebuilt it with new gaskets and diaphragms the other day. I don't remember taking off a circuit diaphragm and I saved everything I removed (I thought). Anyway the kit came with one and it seems that it would only block the high speed circuit. Does anyone know if this carb used a diaphragm or was it a circuit gasket only?

Not sure what you mean by a circuit diaphragm. There have been many variations of carburetors for this saw over the years. The only diagram that I have is for the WT-15A. On one side of the carburetor is the metering diaphragm. This is behind the plate with four screws. On the other side is the pump diaphragm. This is behind the plate held on by one large screw. Both are necessary. Since this is a Walbro carburetor, I would try to get a illustration of the WA-1A on the Walbro web site. Are you sure you have the right kit? Many times the kits fit a # of carbs and have extra parts.

OK the diagram above doesn't show it. The part I'm talking about would be between no. 6 and 7. Can I ask where that diagram came from? All I have found on the walbro site are generic WA diagrams that show every possible part that could be on one. If this is a wa 1a diagram it sure would clear up my confusion.

OK the diagram above doesn't show it. The part I'm talking about would be between no. 6 and 7. Can I ask where that diagram came from? All I have found on the walbro site are generic WA diagrams that show every possible part that could be on one. If this is a wa 1a diagram it sure would clear up my confusion.
STIHL 020 IPL through MediaCat dealer software.

Can you post the Part list that goes with it too, there is an extra diaphragm shown on the fuel pump side that my carb didn't have installed. Also what is IPL?

My 020 has a gasket and a diaphragm on the fuel pump side. What is the 3rd part shown? I have some plastic pieces in my rebuild kit that resemble it. Wondering if I should use it... All that came off when I took it apart was the gasket and diaphragm.

Just put it back together without the circuit diaphragm and it fired up on the 5th pull and runs like a champ now. Thanks for the diagram!

Latest posts

Back