Stihl 020T Compression question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCNY

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I just got a 020T off Ebay. The seller said it had 120# compression but wouldn't start. I checked the compression after I opened the box and after numerous pulls it ran up to about 120. I released the pressure and did it again and it didn't make 100#'s after that the best I can get is 50#'s with several trys. I never started the saw or did anything else. Am I missing something? I don't belive these have a decompression valve. Also there is no model number on the saw. Where do I find the sertial number to verify the model? Thanks

I just got a 020T off Ebay. The seller said it had 120# compression but wouldn't start. I checked the compression after I opened the box and after numerous pulls it ran up to about 120. I released the pressure and did it again and it didn't make 100#'s after that the best I can get is 50#'s with several trys. I never started the saw or did anything else. Am I missing something? I don't belive these have a decompression valve. Also there is no model number on the saw. Where do I find the sertial number to verify the model? Thanks

Cylinder had 90wt gear oil (or some other oil) in it and you blew it out trying to start it.

Thanks for all the info. I Suspected that It may be something shady. I started taking it apart tonight to inspect the piston. I don't have a piston stop to remove the clutch so stopped at that point will finish tomorrow night. I do have a link to the ebayer I bought it from and did pay through paypal but I want to wait untill I have a better idea what happened before I trash the guy. He does sell alot of chainsaw stuff and has a good rating as well as a 3 day return policy. I will contact Him tonight with My concerns and see what happens once I get the muffler off. Thanks again for everything!

Latest posts

Back