Stihl 026 questions re carb repair or replace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The impulse hose only has a few pounds of pressure, it would take a pretty sensitive gauge to read it.

and it's a few "pounds" of vac... so good luck with a compressIon tester! The smae vac hguage you use for "pressure" testing can give a flicker indication.

The easiest way is to put a blob of grease on the impluse line. If the blob is sucked in, you have impulse...

Last edited:
on of lakeside's old threads just save me a bit of trouble... got an 026 carb giving me fits... good to know they are all fixable

Just clean it - it will work... Squirt (with the red tube supplied) carb cleaner into the L needle hole - it should ooze out of the 3 L progression jet bores. Same into the H - with your finger ove the main jet in the metering chamber, it will come out of the main outlet valve. Watch your eyes from the cleaner squirting...

I've never had an 026 carb that couldn't be repaired..

Worst case, you can buy a brand new WT194-1 from any Walbro dealer for $41 MSRP.

I've enclosded the WT 426 IPL - the others are similar... Make sure you get the gaskets in the correct order!

Latest posts

Back