Stihl 026 Time Capsule

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the later models came with a walbro carb that lacked the ability to adjust the high speed jet. You will eventually want to replace your carb with a walbro 194.

There are a couple other fully adjustable Walbro models that will do the trick also.

WT22 - This is the earlier carb for the 026's, its got a smaller venturi than the wt194, but seems to work fine on a stock 026.
WT426 - Has a larger venturi than the WT22, but I believe it has slightly less adjustment than the wt194. I've had this carb on an 026 and it worked great. It's a compensating carb with the snorkel though.
WT194 - Replacing the 22/426 and continues to be the go to 026 carb. They've gotten pretty expensive though, and I believe they've been discontinued, but I have no idea if there's something that replaced it or not. The 026 pro filter has a hole for the carb compensating snorkel, the WT194 doesn't have that, so people either put the snorkel cover on the wt194 or plug the hole in the filter with a foam ear plug.

Last edited:
Back