Stihl 026 vs. Husky 346XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, and let's face, it you really want to know how long the merits of the 026 and 346 have been debated.... look no further... a DECADE is a good rough number to use.

I own both

Not sure if this helps any....

I happen to own both the 026 and the 346 xp. I have had the 026 for 8 year or so and the 346 XP for 3.

Both are good saws.

I have run the heck out of the 026 and it still runs excellent. I feel like the 026 is easier to work on, and in my area the parts are more available. I would also consider buying a used saw if I were you, and stay away from the MS260. But that’s just me.

The 346 cuts faster, how much? Its hard to say, but not a lot. It a good saw and if I were going to buy a new one today that I were only going to use for say 10 days out of the year it would be the 346 since it runs around 100 dollars less.

However the 026 is my favorite.
Just a reminder, do not forget that with either saw to use ethanol free gas.

Now when it comes to larger saws...for me the stihl is deff the best option, I feel like they are much easier to work on, although they are expensive. My 038 is maybe 20 years old now and still is a great saw, my 066 is 15 or so and also runs excellent.

Latest posts

Back