Stihl 031 av

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I am sorry
It hasn't started and ran in years. My dad bought it new in the mid 70s and I would like to get it running again maybe even modify it a little

First thing to do is check compression. If Dad did not use it much, likely it still has adequate compression and does not need a new top end. Simple check is to hold it by the pull cord handle and try to let it fall. If it doesn't drop straight down, you likely still have compression. Also, a Pic is worth a thousand words. Take a couple and post them here.

In its day, the 031 AV was considered a Farm Boss that could pull a 20" bar and chain. It was rather heavy for a 50 cc saw, but those who bought them didn't seem to mind.

Well he used it alot back in the day we heated with wood but it hasn't been used or ran in probably 15 years and some kid several years ago tried working on it but I think he just took it apart and found out it needed more then he know how to do
Also I think my dad had some modifications made to it when he bought it but he can't remember

Latest posts

Back