stihl 031 av

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manostihl

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i have recently dug out my dads old stihl to try and get it running again and i cannot get it to stay running :( if i turn the low screw out on the carb some it will idle for less than a minute but it will not rev out but if i turn the high screw just about all the way in it will finally rev out but bog out like it is running out of fuel :chainsaw: :chainsaw: i have taken apart the carb and inspected it and cleaned it but still the same thing i have checked the spark plug wire, and changed the plug....stil the same thing the motor looks like brand new inside, ive checked for air and fuel leaks as well

You posted this in the milling and saw mills forum. You will probably have better luck trying the chainsaw forum, its farther down on the page that list the different forums. Good luck.

No need to apologize, nobodys mad :hmm3grin2orange:
I wish I knew what was wrong I would have told you, just figured you would have better luck there.
Oh Yeah... Welcome :cheers:

Could be that the metering and pump diaphrams in the carb have stiffened over time, when they do that it's hard to get a saw to stay in tune. pull them out and have a look (maybe after making sure you can get some new one's if it all turns to custard on you) I've got an 031av too but it's not going due to ignition issues.

bar size 031

would it be to much for a 031, a 30'' or so , hardly any hard wood mostly fir any comments, i have to by a bar and i need something bigger than 20 ''

Latest posts

Back