STIHL 032 AV- looking for ignition coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

These are great old saws. Although the coils are getting harder to find, still fun to work on if you can find the parts to fix these older stihl saws.

I would never junk a saw that was considered a good quality saw. If Fish is offering to help you out you shouldnt have a problem with your broken saw comming back to life. Old saws can allways be fixed. Its just the more rare the parts are your looking for the longer you might have to wait before finding parts. If you own older saws you should allways have a few laying around for this reason. You will have another to use when one is broke. Good luck with it and have a merry christmas! Rick.

ok, i have the saw back... its semi running. wont idle and wont rev freely. acts like its miss firing...which is worse than it was when i took it in for service..at least before it rev'd up but only died after a min or so.

thoughts?
any offers on purchasing it?

ok, i have the saw back... its semi running. wont idle and wont rev freely. acts like its miss firing...which is worse than it was when i took it in for service..at least before it rev'd up but only died after a min or so.

thoughts?
any offers on purchasing it?
Back from where?

is it possible

Here is a pic of me trying to mount a coil off of an old 028 onto the 032,
the holes are off.

attachment.php

can the mounting holes in the coil be elongated and the part used as a replacement

032 coils are 3 pole coils Check the Pri. winding with ohm meter and Sec. windings with ohm meter

alot of the time no spark issues or run 15 min then shut off are bad condensors .

I got 4 032 that i got working mostly with bad condensers

I only had 1 bad coil View attachment 199541

settting points are a pain if you dont have a setting tool made from a old points flywheel

Knock the center out of a old flywheel now you have a setting tool

:DI have converted two 032's over with bad points/condenser setup. Go to Banta Saw - Electrical / Ignition - Ignition Modules (Universal & OEM). Use the brown ATOM, just follow directions on package. Easy swap out, don't mount ATOM under flywheel. Mount ATOM near coil or P.M. me if you need any help. Use the yellow ATOM for swapping out a bad electronic trigger assembly.
Hope this helps,
Brad

I need some help here ( I know it's an old forum, but that's where you go for help), the brown ATOM is not available any more, the page is directing you to the yellow (also NLA), so now it's directing to this: (is this what I need for my 032 ingition issue now?)

Part #: 440-065

Name: Electronic Transistorized Ignition Module

Description: NOVA II - Transistorized ignition module. Operates well in any weather conditions & completely waterproof. Highly reliable / durable construction / high performance. Anti-kickback system / die cast aluminum housing. Widely used in 2 and 4 cycle gas engines. Suitable for 2 leg & 3 leg ignition coils in single cylinder engines. Not recommended for use on engines equipped with battery ignition or flywheels with multiple magnets. (INSTRUCTION SHEET INCLUDED)

Catalog Page: 24-03

Retail Price: 17.99

No matching OEM parts founds.

Back from a friend of a friend that used to be a stihl dealer for 20years.
The module portion from the 1300 coil will fit the 032 poles, but it requires crankcase modifications in order to work. I have done it successfully. You supply the 1300 coil, and I charge $80 to do the conversion.

Back