Stihl 032av spitting fuel out of carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gtiandy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
ive just developed a problem with fuel literally flooding out of the carb via the air filter. This will happen mainly whilst trying to start it whilst the trigger is pressed, fuel then continues to flow out afterwards. The saw has been running, and runs without fault other than this issue. Just wondering if anyone has come across this and has a fix. I thought asking the experts may be the way forward, rather than replacing fuel lines etc when not needed.

I decided to remove the carb and strip it down to see what state the diaphragms were in, they look a bit worse for wear, I've ordered a carb kit which should be here early next week, il see how it goes after that.

I forgot to add that fuel continues to pour out the carb even if it's just sat there whilst doing nothing with it.

Does your saw have a breather valve? A stuck breather will cause an "over pressure" and cause fuel to flow positively into the carb and a flooding issue.

Does your saw have a breather valve? A stuck breather will cause an "over pressure" and cause fuel to flow positively into the carb and a flooding issue.
The only breather I can see on the tank is the vent cap one, with the carb disconnected, fuel pours out the fuel line until I undo the tank cap, it looks like the problem points towards the cap, il have to see what I can track down on eBay. Il pop a pic up of the current cap, it doesn't look too clever, thanks for the reply.

Latest posts

Back