Stihl 034 Muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougand3

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm rehabbing an 034 and some parts were in a box. Unsure about muffler. 2 nuts at top secure front plate to muff body but there are no nuts for bottom 2 holes. Seems like mucho exhaust would escape down there. Just add 2 M5 nuts on bottom?

Is this correct order?....Cooling plate - flange - gasket - muffler body

Thanks.

IMG_20171119_113832.jpg IMG_20171119_113850.jpg

I think those screws go into the case. All screws are M5 the two in ex port X 16 and X 20, the bottom X 25 and the top for cover X 6

There were a few 034 mufflers, and you can also adapt 036/360 mufflers.

IPL will help

Attachments

• 034 IPL.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
Thanks, Mad Professor. IPL shows lots of variants. Glad you said screws into case. After mounting the muffler - the open holes line up with the case threaded holes. Duh on me. 2 pr of long screws and 1 pr short makes sense now. Now, waiting on cooling plate in the mail.

Thanks, Mad Professor. IPL shows lots of variants. Glad you said screws into case. After mounting the muffler - the open holes line up with the case threaded holes. Duh on me. 2 pr of long screws and 1 pr short makes sense now. Now, waiting on cooling plate in the mail.

Don't forget two screws that mount near ex port are different lengths

Some 034s did not have the plate. Good choice on using it, though. Hope it doesn’t interfere with top cover for ya.
Two screws into cylinder, two into case, two small screws into top part of muffler.

Ahh. There are two listed per size so I always put the same size in. The other 16mm is for older models. If 20mm can fit, I say use em. The cylinder screws on a spare 034 cylinder I have are tapped the same and both accept 20mm screws.
I have been into 034s with smaller screws... probably not from factory, though.

Smaller as in smaller than 16mm.

Latest posts

Back