Stihl 034

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlNut88

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am ordering all the parts for my 034 project. It's getting a new piston and ring kit, carb kit, and crank seals if I can find them, Baileys has no listing. Anyways what would you put for a bar. I have a few 16 inch saws, and two 18 inch saws, Do you think it would throw a 20 ok, I think a 21 would be pushing it. What would you put on it?

Last edited:
Just buys a gasket kit from a dealer - complete with seals.. cheap.... and quality seals...

1125 007 1050 - $13.50....

Bar... 20 to 25 is std out here... it's much more about the size of the wood than an inch or two ... plus/minus ... on length..

Last edited:
If It's a super, it will take a 20" in HARDwood , no problems, that is the sweet spot for bars with 034S/036 running 0.050 3/8 chain (33 RS/RSC).

Not as good with a 24/25, but if you do not feed it too hard it will take the abuse.

For solid hardwood (ash/beech/oak) , in 20" + (or all day) my 038 M is better, the next step up the 056/066, bigger IS better ..........in those little p@?"#% poles in pine the the 034S/036 shines fine .......

Last edited:
Just buys a gasket kit from a dealer - complete with seals.. cheap.... and quality seals...

1125 007 1050 - $13.50....

Bar... 20 to 25 is std out here... it's much more about the size of the wood than an inch or two ... plus/minus ... on length..

What is that price from i can't find a gasket kit on baileys

What do you guys think of the winsor speed tip bars? That is what I was thinking of ordering for it. They seem pretty nice.

Just wanted to remind you that the 034 stroke is the same as an 036. If you wanted an easy way to get an extra 1/2 pony out of your saw, buy an 036 piston and cylinder. It'll bolt right on. But you may have to add an 036 muffler too. Just a thought.

Latest posts

Back