Stihl 036 recoil bolt sizing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whitty21

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought a box of parts I was told was an 036, but I cant tell for sure if it is an 034.

That being said, the recoil bolts are M4's like the 026's, rather than m5's, I didnt notice until I bought new bolts and they didn't fit.

I can't find an ipl that lists the m4's either. It wouldn't be an issue, I just need to buy a recoil cover as it did not come with one, and I dont want it to be sloppy with small bolts.

Can anyone make sense of this?

i think this tech training covers the bolts

Attachments

• SVC 101 Fasteners-8a2999e4f647bfa056a8071ab2de58e2.pdf
    709.7 KB · Views: 16
Thanks guys,

I have found lots of IPL's, I just have yet to find one that says the recoil cover bolts are m4's

#21 on the ipl I put up is m4

Oh, I totally didn't notice the second page for the 034 recoil on my ipl. So it looks as if its an older 034 model then? It has the adjustable oiler and side tension, which i thought indicated 034 super or 036

this really has me scratching my head now. I dont really want to pull the top end to measure the cylinder as I just got it all sealed up. I did instal new caber rings for an 036, and they installed fine. Not sure if they would have fit on a 46mm piston or not, really wish I had of measured. The 034 rings are thicker from my understanding, and I recall the rings installing tight when I did them, not sloppy

I just measured it through the exhaust port with both the pencil trick and the vernier and it appears to be 48mm as I thought. So now I am thinking 034 super i guess?

Latest posts

Back