Stihl 041av leaking oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxtrotterdan

Reaction score
I have 2 working 041av stihls. I loaned one of them to my father in law many years ago. He called me on the phone and said it quit working. He told me it had run out of fuel, and put in some lawn mower fuel!! Well, when I went to pull it over, it broke free and, after some mixed fuel and a few pulls, it started! It has always run good, but short on power. Lately, the storage case had a big puddle of oil in the bottom, and the oil tank was empty. Now, I'd like to overhaul the cylinder, and repair the oil leak, but I can't locate a repair manual. Any help is sure appreciated.

I have 2 working 041av stihls. I loaned one of them to my father in law many years ago. He called me on the phone and said it quit working. He told me it had run out of fuel, and put in some lawn mower fuel!! Well, when I went to pull it over, it broke free and, after some mixed fuel and a few pulls, it started! It has always run good, but short on power. Lately, the storage case had a big puddle of oil in the bottom, and the oil tank was empty. Now, I'd like to overhaul the cylinder, and repair the oil leak, but I can't locate a repair manual. Any help is sure appreciated.
Sounds like your 041 saw is leaking bar lube from the front of your saw (same problem I had) it is the rubber seal that is bad, next to the bumper spike there is a hole with a circlip, take off the circlip and put a screw into the threaded hole at the top the pump face and gently pull out the pump making sure that you see which way the bevel on the end of the pump shaft is facing, then replace the rubber seal, check that the Oring on the shaft is good and then slide the pump back in. See this!!!
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/st...1-farm-boss-041av-041-super-1968-1982.616687/

Latest posts

Back