Stihl 041AV. Oil Pump.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Noon

Tripleteer
Reaction score
I am in the process of rebuilding my Stihl041 AV, I have removed the oil pump and replaced the rubber boot and the Oring on the shaft, I have noticed that there is a bevel on the end of the drive shaft and I am not sure what position the bevel was in when I withdrew the pump, has anyone any ideas please,
Thanks in advance Paul.

I am in the process of rebuilding my Stihl041 AV, I have removed the oil pump and replaced the rubber boot and the Oring on the shaft, I have noticed that there is a bevel on the end of the drive shaft and I am not sure what position the bevel was in when I withdrew the pump, has anyone any ideas please,
Thanks in advance Paul.
Does it slip inside an o ring in a housing somewhere?
Haven't held a 041 in 30 years so this is just a guess. Pic's would help.

Thanks in advance Paul.

I've got no idea what position it was in either, LOL, but it does not make any difference.

That "bevel" is actually the cam that rides against the round ball on the adjuster screw shaft,
providing the pumping motion to the rod.

Make sure that the adjuster screw is installed first, because it's a lot harder to get the adjuster
screw aligned back in, if the pump has already been installed.

Thanks Hotshot, this seems to hit the nail on the head, I will give it a shot and let you know!
Thanks for your input Paul.

Latest posts

Back