Stihl 045 056 AV rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiderhole

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
This is great, the below is a paste from the Milling forum that I posted in the wrong spot! I finally found the correct forum! So:

Hey folks,

Yes, I am a nooby . I had just posted my intro to the forums in the wrong forum of course http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=41548 .

I have basically three of these saws, trying to output one good one - and I should have everything I need to do that! I got them all for under $50. I know my way around 2 strokes pretty well, but haven't ever had the pleasure of doing a Stihl before. Two of them have spark. The 056 has very strong compression. Stihl was kind enough to send me via the mail a complete manual.

Basically where I am at, i need to get the flywheel onto the 056 from one of the 045's. My normal puller ain't fittin! What do I need???

Thanks a mill

The first thing you need to do is make sure the flywheel and coil are compatible. I can't remember how it goes, but another member here, Lakeside53 will fill you in. Put the wrong flywheel with the wrong coil and you'll have no joy. I know that while I've mostly worked on 056's, the couple of 045's I've dealt with have had differing flywheels and starter recoils than on the 056's. Most parts are interchangable, but certainly not all.

Another guy to talk to on here is CBFarmall. His name is Chris, but he doesn't log on every day. You may have to PM him.

Are these standard 056's, Supers or Mag II's?

Welcome to AS.

Jeff

you know what's my biggest obsticle to getting this really cooking right now? THe cold weather! working out in the garage right now is a pain. It is supposed to be somewhat mild this weekend, so I will try to get some pics up to show you what I am working with.

It would be awesome if I could work with the fly wheels. Just for my own knowledge right now, is there a special puller?

Back