Stihl 045 AV Super - Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potacka

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hey guys
I found a non running 045 av for 60$. Turns out it's actually an AV Super. The piston is melted. What are the chances of me finding a new head and piston? I'm up in Vancouver, BC. Thanks for any info.

Chris

Before you go buying any parts, make sure it has spark. Parts a pretty easy to get for them except good working ignitions. Ignitions are kinda pricey. I'm looking for a good sem ignition for my 056 super. What size bore do you have? I have an extra cylinder here for a 045. Don't remember what the actual size is though. I also have an extra dual port muffler, fuel tank, air filter covers, and recoil if you would need any of those.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Before you go buying any parts, make sure it has spark. Parts a pretty easy to get for them except good working ignitions. Ignitions are kinda pricey. I'm looking for a good sem ignition for my 056 super. What size bore do you have? I have an extra cylinder here for a 045. Don't remember what the actual size is though. I also have an extra dual port muffler, fuel tank, air filter covers, and recoil if you would need any of those.

Yes it has spark. Operates quite well. The cylinder bore is 54mm. Where a outs are you located? :rock:

Can you post a picture of the cylinder? Maybe you can clean it up and put a new piston and rings in.

Before you go buying any parts, make sure it has spark. Parts a pretty easy to get for them except good working ignitions. Ignitions are kinda pricey. I'm looking for a good sem ignition for my 056 super. What size bore do you have? I have an extra cylinder here for a 045. Don't remember what the actual size is though. I also have an extra dual port muffler, fuel tank, air filter
. Believe there's an ignition setup on the Tradin' Post here...

. Believe there's an ignition setup on the Tradin' Post here...
Yes I saw it. Would like to find used to keep costs down though. I've been thinking about it though.

Latest posts

Back