Stihl 046/460 differences?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carb jetting is different also. ms460 is smaller.......you don't need as much fuel going in if it can't get out!

Ed

Can I ask a similar question?

Is there any difference between the 066 and the 660 that are out today?

Can I ask a similar question?

Is there any difference between the 066 and the 660 that are out today?

Pretty much the same differences as the 046/460. Except the 660 still has the screw on filler caps instead of the flip-up style.
The real old "red-eye" 066 had a different ignition, not to many of those around anymore.

Ed

the early models had a smaller crank and a metal flywheel, then they went to a bigger crank with poly flywheel with a smaller oil tank and then they went to the current 660 with the big crank, poly flywheel and a larger oil tank

the carbs have changed over time as well..the new ones now have limiter caps

the older ones didn't have a baffle inside the muffler and had a larger output hole...the newer ones now have a baffle and a smaller outlet

and of course the different ingition between the redlight and the newer ones

are atleast that is my take on the subject

Thanks all for the info on the 066 and 660.

So if you had to choose between a brand-new 066 and a 660 then the 066 would be the winner? I am not seeing any positives in the small differences.

Thanks all for the info on the 066 and 660.

So if you had to choose between a brand-new 066 and a 660 then the 066 would be the winner? I am not seeing any positives in the small differences.

hmm...i don't see the differences in them as being enough to bother with taking one over the other...i change them around as soon as i get them..so it isn't all that big of a deal to me

hmm...i don't see the differences in them as being enough to bother with taking one over the other...i change them around as soon as i get them..so it isn't all that big of a deal to me
DO YOU TAKE THE BAFFEL OUT ON THE 660.

The best saws ever made!

I know the days are numbered for the 046/460 and when they finally go, I hope to have the cash to buy a couple. I have a feeling the replacement will be a lot different.

Back