Stihl 056

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a bad bad toy...

I haven't ever ran a larger saw, I can't even imagine what a 088 or 3120 would be like. But this saw rocks, with a liitle advice from Dozer, it has 155 psi of compression, polished exhaust port, matched & modified the muffler. Inside of saw appeared to be brand new. Also just fuel lines, tuneup, carb, new chain, bar and sprocket. With a 25" bar I had to richen it up to bring the rpm's down a little. I've only cut about a 20" dia Oak and I didn't time it, but just guessing about 10 - 15 secs in the cut. I can't wait to save enough to be able to send it out for a professional full mod. That's only if I can talk the wife into it. As you can see I have too many hobbies. Here's a fun pic of two of them. LOL

When are the babies due? I always thought the 056 could benefit from a set of wheels. It looks as if you will have some great hybrids-if they don't have the disposition of a mule.:D

Hybrids

If I could get the same power out of saw that the truck has...3.5 cc's, running 25% nitro has almost 2 hp at 50,000 rpm. Pulls truck along about 50 mph in 40-50 feet, can't keep front wheels on the ground! But you also can't hardly keep from breaking stuff all the time. Too Expensive...But it's FUN.

I think Gypos 088 KD turns 50000 rpms.

Nice saw. As far as the car goes, if youre not breakin stuff youre not going fast enough:cool:

Latest posts

Back