• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 064 and 066

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AaronH

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have 2 great saws. I bought them from an old man near the house. Both in excellent running condition. Both oil perfectly. I couldnt tell if the red light worked on the 066 or not. I did play with them a little at a friends house and they both cut great. Made my little jonsered 670 look bad. I posted them on another site for $1000 on the 066 and $800 on the 064. I have a little wiggle room and trust the opinion of alot of members here.

2016-09-06 18.51.57.jpg
2016-09-06 18.55.52.jpg
2016-09-06 18.53.28.jpg
2016-09-06 18.55.09.jpg
2016-09-06 18.52.49.jpg

Maybe I'm outta line, but at $1000 for an 066, I think we're gonna need to see a compression number and pics of the piston & cylinder wall though the exhaust. I think that would help move them, especially on a saw that we don't know the history of. Have these saws been used lately or sitting around? Should the buyer count on replacing all the rubber bits?

All OEM? I would in no way shape or form try to tell a guy what to price a saw at. But I think there are a few things you could add about the saw, condition internally, compression. What all has been done to the saw that you know of etc etc. those things actually do make a difference. I try to always snap a pic of the comp tester hooked up to the saw. If I port one I'll always give numbers etc. people like to know these things up front. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty open to suggestion. I'll try to get some pictures of the piston and cylinder. I'll also try to make a video. I've sold a few saws on here, but never a large saw. That's why I put reasonable offer. The 064 is sold pending funds.

IMO, you are nuts to be selling either one of those saw's at all. They are both hard saws to find stock and in that good of condition. They are as good as money in the bank as they will certainly only appreciate more over time. Either way, beautiful examples of two legendary saw's and GLWS

I appreciate it. I might end up keeping one if I sell off some other saws. I'm at the point of being a saw hoarder and I don't even use them. I just collect and shine them up occasionally.

I appreciate it. I might end up keeping one if I sell off some other saws. I'm at the point of being a saw hoarder and I don't even use them. I just collect and shine them up occasionally.

That seems like a perfectly acceptable problem to have AKA: CAD... :eek:

Very nice saws indeed. Your asking for the 066 stock more than a everyday used one ported goes for. Your is mint but might be difficult to fetch such a price. Glws.

I'd keep such a mint saw unless someone has already ponied up a g for it. Great collector saw and a great timber saw too.

Looks like the 064 has a 066 tank on it. Am I wrong ?

Latest posts

Back