*****Stihl 064 Spun Bearing? DoubleA you out there? Help with Stihl 064****

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have messed with 064/066s a lot. The best way is to keep 064s and 066s without mixing parts. Seals, ignitions, flywheels, starters, etc can all be different. Build this first one as an 064 and save yourself a lot of frustration. Ask JJ he has done a few also but he has years of experience. Mike

Good post Mike. I'm just learning the differences in all the 1122 series out there. Frustration is a mild word. :laugh:

Thanks Randy. I built a saw once on the 064 case and the 066 crank and there was not a seal that was made that would work on that saw. You find out these things after a lot of work that goes down the drain.

I have messed with 064/066s a lot. The best way is to keep 064s and 066s without mixing parts. Seals, ignitions, flywheels, starters, etc can all be different. Build this first one as an 064 and save yourself a lot of frustration. Ask JJ he has done a few also but he has years of experience. Mike

Thanks for the info! And I sent you a pm.

Aaron

Latest posts

Back