Stihl 066 and 088

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most people see my 660 and say, "wow that is a big saw". Your 088 makes it look pretty small. So I will say, "$@$# that is a big saw" Nice Pics, and even nicer saws.:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

The 880 looks like a monster next to the 660. I'd like to try out an 880 one of these days, I wouldn't have a need to buy one. It would be cool to try one.
I can only imagine how powerful they must be.

The 880 looks like a monster next to the 660. I'd like to try out an 880 one of these days, I wouldn't have a need to buy one. It would be cool to try one.

Hell, I'd like to try out a 066/660! I dont need one of those but it dont stop me from wanting one! And I bet someday I will have one. ( Just not right now:cry: )

Those pictures are very stimulating to my CAS (chainsaw addiction syndrome) I purchased a new 660 last Jan and I am a thinking I need to feed my disease a bit. I had about talked myself into a new 361, but now I am on the fence again...... sure wish I had not looked at yer pix, might have cast me an extra $1500.. Oh well it is for a good cause, Right???:clap:

Those pictures are very stimulating to my CAS (chainsaw addiction syndrome) I purchased a new 660 last Jan and I am a thinking I need to feed my disease a bit. I had about talked myself into a new 361, but now I am on the fence again...... sure wish I had not looked at yer pix, might have cast me an extra $1500.. Oh well it is for a good cause, Right???:clap:

or for 1000 i'd buy blsnelling's rebuild 084 in a heartbeat!!

I have been looking at that 084, man that is nice, yes you are right about the wants and needs, but a have a 660, so I guess that I still Need an 084, 880...

Nice saws.

I think some folks would be surprised running an 880 or 3120. With a shortish bar, they really don't cut much faster for all the extra weight.

But when you hang a 42 or longer (especially longer) they come into their own. For 36 inch bars or less I don't really see a reason for them cept they are fun.

Nice saws.

I think some folks would be surprised running an 880 or 3120. With a shortish bar, they really don't cut much faster for all the extra weight.

But when you hang a 42 or longer (especially longer) they come into their own. For 36 inch bars or less I don't really see a reason for them cept they are fun.

Milling...... no substitute for displacement.

And... for shorter bars - crank up the chain speed with bigger sprockets!

Hi Martin,

nice to meet you here.

:givebeer:

Ren084.jpg

Back