• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 066

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueberrymuzik

Lesser Known AS Member
Reaction score
Very strong running 066. I bought this saw from an estate last summer after the family patriarch passed. It had been his saw since it was new. According to the grandson I dealt with, Grandpa just had a Stihl dealer rebuild it a short time before he died. He had a new piston & cylinder installed and it was completely gone through. Apparently, that was the case. The cylinder looks very shiny new. I pulled off the starter cover and the cylinder is oem Sthil, so I assume the rest of the story is true. It also has a dual port muffler that doesn't look too old.

I used it this fall with a 32" bar to drop several big oaks for my winter's firewood. I also had a 25" bar on it part of the time. It cuts great. I have just struck been with a severe attack of CAD, and I need to sell something to free up some funds.

It apparently was a red light model when it left the factory. The red light is no longer hooked up and it has a standard 066 coil in it. The saw has a beautiful piston and shows 175# of compression on my gauge.

It isn't going to be the prettiest saw in the forest, but will certainly be one of the strongest. I'm asking $600 + shipping PHO. Paypal F&F or USPS Money Order.

IMG_1902.JPG IMG_1902.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1903.JPG
    IMG_1903.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1908.JPG
    IMG_1908.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 157
  • IMG_1910.JPG
    IMG_1910.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1912.JPG
    IMG_1912.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG_1913.JPG
    IMG_1913.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1916.JPG
    IMG_1916.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1894.JPG
    IMG_1894.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 111
Dang; love to have that saw. Just spent a little more on later model, same displacement & no money til next week. Glad I have no insignificant other to justify 3 92 cc saws to if this saw is still here:envy: when my money is. GLWS

I've got a week before I have to come up with the money for my CAD purchase. Would you like me to hold it for you?

Latest posts

Back