Stihl 076 recoil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gab250

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey, the threads are stripped that hold the recoil onto my big 076. I have tried to tap them out a bit and I got some allen head bolts that fitted in there, the problem is they kept working loose, and the recoil assembly keeps falling off. Any advice for doing it a better way and making sure the bolts don't come out would be appreciated. Is loctite likely to solve my problem? Also what starter rope and starter handle would you guys recommend? I keep breaking the standard one.

Cheers, Gab

Hey, the threads are stripped that hold the recoil onto my big 076. I have tried to tap them out a bit and I got some allen head bolts that fitted in there, the problem is they kept working loose, and the recoil assembly keeps falling off. Any advice for doing it a better way and making sure the bolts don't come out would be appreciated. Is loctite likely to solve my problem? Also what starter rope and starter handle would you guys recommend? I keep breaking the standard one.

Cheers, Gab

Helicoils and Loctite 263, i'm thinking ! Starter,........Have you tried a Stihl Elasto-Start ?

Latest posts

Back