• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold STIHL 084 CHAINSAW

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been working on this saw off and on for a few months. I had to find a brake band, sprocket, filter, clutch cover, bar, chain and fix a timing issue. It wants to flood even after a new carburetor kit and I don't know why. Starts, runs oils and revs but not well due to the fuel problem. I don't need it and feel that there is a member that does so it's up for sale. The only things (that I know of) wrong with the saw are it's flooding on rev, clutch springs are weak letting the chain spin at idle, the inside lower muffler bolt hole will need a thread sert, no outer bar plate and the lower part of the clutch cover is gone.

I would like $600 for the power head and $700 with the Stihl 36" bar and .404 chain, shipping will be figured for the address and added to the price. I will set a max. shipping at $60 to the lower 48.

Attachments

• 084 (5).JPG
    084 (5).JPG
    37 KB · Views: 267
  • 084 (7).JPG
    084 (7).JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 268
  • 084 carb side (2).JPG
    084 carb side (2).JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 264
  • more 084 pics (1).JPG
    more 084 pics (1).JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 254
  • more 084 pics (2).JPG
    more 084 pics (2).JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 255
  • more 084 pics (3).JPG
    more 084 pics (3).JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 276
  • more 084 pics (4).JPG
    more 084 pics (4).JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 268
  • more 084 pics (5).JPG
    more 084 pics (5).JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 274
  • more 084 pics (8).JPG
    more 084 pics (8).JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 230
One saw I had was the same way, couldn't get it lean enough on top end. Put on a different carb and problem was fixed. I cleaned it,rebuilt it,cleaned it some more,changed metering level then said the hell with it.

I haven't even tried it and no I didn't know that. I think that I need to find some wood worth putting it in and give it a try. The biggest chunk around the house is 16" Alligator. :(

Mine wasn't limited because it would spew raw fuel out the muffler. And that was in wood.

I've read others saying it's a bad time , I had a very nice 084 runner with 48" bar I sold cheap last weekend, I had it on Craig's list for a few weeks with no interest till I dropped it very low ,I wanted to put it on here so bad to help someone out here on a good deal instead of a random guy but a well respected member told me to hold off for now till I get more respected an known on here an I thank him for that, but let's just say I had to sell mine dirt cheap I'm starting to believe its a very bad time to sell saws

I know everyone here hates eBay to include myself but last week they had one going for a grand with a few bids that wasn't in good shape at all , kind of wish I would've threw it on there to see what would've happened but good luck with your sale bud!!!

^ Yep for as cheap as possible usually. Because there are 5-100 more in the shed that can do the same job. Non chainsaw addicted folks are more likely to pay full to fair price, because they just don't know any better or actually really need the saw.

Latest posts

Back