Stihl 084 ignition coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We seem to be getting at least one 084 parts request thread each week.

Stihl is phasing out parts support for the 084. When the existing inventory is gone, there won't be any more. Some parts like the coil are already NLA.

All you can do is watch ebay and the forum trading posts.

I have checked Stihl Australia and no luck, They (Adam) even rummaged around in some old boxes but came up no jot no coil. sigh,

Its a low mileage very well maintained saw and I do not want to put it into retirement yet .

I'm hoping someone will know the whereabouts of one,

Joe

I had a 084 with a bad coil I bought a 088 coil because I had the 2 keyway shaft so might work for you ?

I had a 084 with a bad coil I bought a 088 coil because I had the 2 keyway shaft so might work for you ?

I thought I read the 088 and 084 coils were not interchangeable (not recommended) due to timing issues?

Some of the 064/066 coils will work, as long as 2 of the 3 holes match up with the hole pattern. Plus, you won't need the trigger unit.

Stihl is phasing out parts support for the 084.

attachment.php

Where NLA is the first year the part has/will become NLA from the factory. However, as I have said on here before, NLA from factory can be different to NLA from distributor so some parts you should still be able to get based on the factory date may not be available to you. (Obviously I haven't included all the parts, just selective ones).

Last edited:
Stihl 084 is alive

Ok. searched the world for a coil for my 084 with no luck. found one in my neighbours shed at the end of the lane, ha, piston was in bad shape so threw a new one and another barrel at it as well. has compression and horsepower now,

cheers to all who chipped into the thread.

Joe. :msp_thumbsup:

have you done this mod? considering the same,any info you have would be nice.As I see it,maybe a aluminum plate to mount the 066 coil onto the 084 case bosses to align timing/position? anyone have some info that might help?

Some of the 064/066 coils will work, as long as 2 of the 3 holes match up with the hole pattern. Plus, you won't need the trigger unit.

Latest posts

Back