Stihl 084 - worst muffler I have seen to date - PICS!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, a titanium sheet metal muffler, yeah, that can be done. I know just the place. :D
http://www.cadenceaerospace.com/products/aeros/centers_of_excellence/giddens_operations.html

But once you do the titanium muffler, you simply gotta go for the Inconel piston and crank, and on and on from there. :D
Interesting stuff.
Stainless to inconel to titanium for headers.
I've headed titanium but never stretched sheet.
My buddy did the headers with Pete Wilkins.
On the F1 car you could grab the titanium header about a minute after it came off the track.
3 hours to pack the sand in each of the 12 pipes.
Had a different ring to it also.

I wouldn't want inconel as a piston. All the grades I've welded and seen after heat cycles start cracking if they aren't heated and cooled pretty controlled. Titanium would be cool. Have to build a argon box to weld it in. Be way too much work and 2 people to keep trail gas on both sides of a muffler that size.
Heavy as all get out too. Inconel piston
But never burn out an inconel mufflrr

Depends a lot on the grade of inconel.
Airplane and now some cars have inconel exhaust.
Inconel 200 is one of the toughest materials there is.
99+% pure nickel.
Other inconels will work harden in a heartbeat.
For lack of worry about heat cracking go to Quartz. Lol
We'd take parts out at 2000f and dump them in water.
No problem.

We use 800 series for certain things. If it's not overheated or cooled too quick it works great and holds up to what would take other metals being 3x thicker. Alloy 600 was removed from all of nuke plants in the US over the last 10 years or so for steam generators and pressurizers. Some companies made 100s of millions doing it. 2" thick overlays several feet long at each spot.
I made Heat Treat retorts out of 200.
Took all kinds of quenching and no sweat.
Also made vacuum retorts out of it.
You would get a kick out of the open elbow for Test Stand One at the Marshal SFC in Huntsville.
They strapped down the first stage to the Saturn V and lit it off.
7,500,000 lbs of thrust.
160,000,000 HP. And the thrust had to take a 90 deg turn. Lol
Talk about ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
Great YouTube videos.
My era.

Latest posts

Back